Quick Post

Good Morning Y'all It's Saturday !

Good Morning Y'all It's Saturday !
  • Hunterseat, Puppy- Girl is adorable !  She looks innocent and rotten at the same time. LOL!  I sure appreciate your prayers. I laid down shortly after posting this thread and luclily was able to go to sleep after a while of tossing and turning. Poor Teddy Bear ! It's awful what people will do to animals. One of the best dogs I ever had was a St. Bernard that wandered to our place when I was a kid. She has a bullet lodged in the top of her head and a bullet hole through one of her ears. by the Grace of God she made it through. It's amazing what kids can keep down ! McDonald's after a stomach problem would've knocked me for a loop. LOL! I hope that Boy gets completely better soon. My son Kevin is supposed to come over this evening when he gets off work to spend some time with me. He'll probally forget to. *throws rock at Kevin * LOL! I hope you have a fantastic day and that work isn't too hectic.

Rod, When you get done cutting your wood you're more than welcome to come and cut ours for us. We ned to get started on it but have to wait until Robert goes on vacation. I'm sure going to miss our big F-150 4x4 this year for hauling the wood. Instead of needs 14 loads on the Ford we'll need twice as much on the Mazda. Robert was a goof ball for selling it !  Try not to have too much fun baching it !

DaneHaven , Thanks for the well wishes. So far so good on my headaches today but my goofy feet look pregnant.  LOL!
    It's typical that people that don't help, critisize the most. Kinda makes you want to throw something at them. I hope you feel better today and I hope you get to go riding.

AppyLady, Summer is pretty ! You sound like you have a busy day ahead of you.

Durango, I'll be praying for cooler weather for y'all in the upcoming week. Try not to get too hot painting the house.

Lovespaints, Have fun giving the kids horseback rides. That makes me miss my grandsons Karsen and Kamden. Karsen is 3 and he's already crazy about the horses and riding with his Mawmaw. Kamden is 1 and had his first horseback ride during their visit last month. I wish they lived around here instead of in Ohio !  They're supposed to come in for the family reunion next week but Karsen will want to ride horsie with Mawmaw instead of going to the cookout. LOL!

Cow Pie Girls , Good luck with the baking. I don't do much baking now that it's just me and Robert. It's scary when kids get their license and a car. I went through that with 3 sons and it never got easier but it was a relief to not have to drive them everywhere especially my youngest son Kevin. His job was a 50 mile round trip on the days that I was off. When i was working it was OK since he just worked a few blocks from my job but on weekends when I'm off it was a pain.

I went out and fed all the critters and made sure that everyone was OK. It's still cool out despite the sunshine. It's around 60 and really wet out. At least it's not cludy and dreary out like it's been for the past week. Maybe we can catch a few dry days to get the barn cleaned out and get the ditches re-dug before the next wave of rainstorms hit. My son Levi called last night to tell us that he was taking his very pregnant wife to the ER. I haven't heard from him today to see if she's OK yet. He promised to call us to let us know if she was going into labor or not. She's been having a lot of back pain for the past day or two. She's due October 9th but I don't thibnk she'll make it that long.

Here's a picture of my grandson Karsen and his dady Josh on my stallion Mystery.

Here's Karsen and I on Mystery. I ned to get a tiny helmet for my little buddy. Anyone know who might sell little helmets that will fit really small kids ?

Cow Pie
  • Maybe? http://www.horse.com/item/aegis-junior-pony-helmet/E000334/

The site is the parent company of this forum. They have a good supply of 'stuff' and usually at pretty good prices.
  • Cool ! I get that catalog, I just never noticed the kids helemts cause I always figures they'd be too big for him. I'll check them out ! Thanks a lot Durango.
  • I'm really more niave than I care to admit but Rod, are we talking pole dancing?  Am I to believe you're into fitness?  The secret behind your impressive physique? [':D']  Seriously, do they rent those things? 

My babysitter used to make squash pie just like she made&nbsp';p'umpin pie. Squash pie was my favorite!!  I love Cashaw, too, (Cushaw?) baked with the same spices.  I could probably live off of it.  Yum.  I need to go shopping now.  Plus the boy needs yogurt.  Now that he's keeping stuff down. 

OH I got a bluetooth so I can work on the shop and talk on the phone at the same time.  Chicken man has a 'Vette for sale for CHEAP and it's POSSIBLE we might buy it.  Just in case I'd like to have its room ready. [':D']  Plus Chatter will be here FRIDAY!!!  *runs around frantically* (wishing that smiley was still available on here)  I'm sure I'll do an all nighter soon to get the place in shape.  I've done a LOT on the porches - I have two pretty big porches and they've been a mess forever.  Anyway, I need to get cracking on that.

I'm sitting around here doing nothing and getting paid and getting fed.  There's a Chief induction ceremony in a little bit.  I personally would love to skip it but, since my Chief is one of the inductees... best try to be there. 

KyAngel - remind me again how many kids you have?  (cool pics!)
  • Good afternoon, everyone.  Seems that the forum has been really busy today.  I went on the dialysis run with Hubby and then to the exotic animal auction.  Fell in love with the cockatoos, but resisted.  One named Sammy went, with cage, for $250.  He is hand tame and whistles "old McDonalds' Farm".  Sooo tempting.  Saw a great halter broke Zebra with his own pet donkey, they went as a pair.  My neighbor/hay supplier/ help when needed/ fella bought the Watusi cow and her bull calf.  What a magnificent pair of horns she has!  The color of those two was wonderful.  They were on a petting zoo/exotic animal farm and said they couldn't keep her any longer because she is too tame, and always wanted to be around the people.  Some other neighbors, a little farther away, bought a  couple of llamas to see if they can really protect their poultry from the coyotes.  It was fun.  We came home and took care of the boys and let them out to play.  The barn is ready whenever they decide to come back.

Love the pictures.  My dream horse is a buckskin gaited so that is what that craigslist horse is. (don't need another horse, don't need another horse, don't need..say, what color do you get when you mate a buckskin KMH mare to a naturally gaited KY stallion?)

Sure hoping DG gets her painting done without overheating.  Kentucky and Dana...praying you both get healed.  MC glad you are feeling better.  Hunter, hope BW is feeling better, too.

Enjoy your day, everyone.  Oh, Studeclunker, some adorable goats and sheep at this sale.  Also some very interesting poultry, but no runner ducks, just muscovy.  
  • Hunterset, I have 3 sons. Kevin age 19 , Levi age 21 and Josh age 24. So far i have two grandsons that are Josh's boys Kamden and Karsen. Levi's wife is expcting next month too.

Connie, Come on now. Just one more horse , just one more horse , just one more horse....LOL! Here's what a buckskin brad to a buckskin would get with unknown red gene listed....
    Offspring Color Probability

43.95% - Buckskin
    21.97% - Perlino
    21.97% - Bay
    3.13% - Palomino
    2.93% - Smoky Black
    1.56% - Cremello
    1.56% - Chestnut
    1.46% - Smoky Cream
    1.46% - Black
  • I saw the ad for "America's Favorite Trail Horse" It is premiering Sept 13th on HRTV
    Will we see Trainer????

Made pancakes with blueberry syrup for breakfast. They were yummy! Remembered we had to go to EAA at noon. Personally I think we should have skipped and went back to bed. I have been exhausted all day.

I hope Rod secures that pole really well. I'd hate for him to have to explain any injuries.

Dana- Pilot wants to know what kind of plane? 

NO dogs in the bed!

• Hmm. 93* here and SMOKY! I cannot even see the mountains from my house. I can hardly see the hills on the other side of town (@ 6 miles). Got on the web to see how many fires were having.http://www.nwccweb.us/information/firemap.aspx I guess one of the reasons we have so much smoke is that they're doing a (can't remember the exact term) back burn to try and burn out some of the fuel to stop the spread of the fire toward some structures. I think I'm going to hide out in my house for a while...at least until 4 or 5.

Went to McDonald's and got a large sweet tea. Poor man's air conditioning. [':D']
  • Hunter you are so easy!!!!!!  It is for the dancing girls that are going to be showing up every night.  Oh sh** I just remembered - I forgot to call the rental place for them!!!!!!  I'm kind of busy grilling a ring of balony - maybe I can get Jackie to call them for me.
  • Hey everyone! I know it's been a while since i've checked on here but it's good to see some of you that don't frequent the other forum. Just an update for those who don't know. Since Quest died in April I hadn't done much riding. The only horse available for me to ride at the time hadn't been ridden much in the last few years and is very much out of shape, plus, it just hurt to much.. . about once a month though I would ride him up the hill to see Quest. I have had numerous offers for good riding horses and even a free place to board, but the time is not yet right. A few weeks ago at my work (an outdoor shop) I saw a man come in with an endurance riding shirt so I struck up a conversation with him. It turns out there is a small community of endurance riders not far from :Louisville (where i've been living since I finished the Appalachian Trail). I have gone on a few conditioning rides with them so far and I am excited by the fact that they have several extra horses for me. They were also thrilled to find out that i have quite a bit of experience with endurance. Ever since I have been craving horses, the bug has caught on once again, but being closer to the city makes it difficult to get my fill of riding. Although I live in Kentucky, most of the horses around ar a good 25 minutes to half hour drive.
  • Hi Quest!

Its so good to hear from you! You'll have to keep us posted on your new adventures!
  • Hi, Quest - LOL, I answered your post over there. [';)'] It's good to see you again.
  • Aw Jill.  Broken hearts take a while to heal.   I'm so glad you're back in the saddle.  
    How is.... Tim?  Everything okay for you two?  I might have gotten the name wrong.  [':)']
  • Jeff.. he's doing very well, been working hard in school so we can head out back out West in a year or so. Kelly dog is doing good too, she's pretty happy here and gets to go hiking and camping with us all the time.
    How are you doing? I tried to find you on my facebook but you were gone?!? Then I tried to find you ON facebook and you were gone.. ':('
  • HEY!  I have a Jeff now, too! [':D']  I bet I won't call your guy Tim anymore!  I'm going to see if I have your email addy.  I think I do.  I stopped doing fb.  Time constraints and minor irritations just weren't worth it to me in the grand scheme of things.  Sometimes I miss it.