Quick Post

Fundamental Horsemanship I Nov 7th

Fundamental Horsemanship I Nov 7th
  • F & M Horse Training Presents
    Fundamental Horsemanship I

Whether you have rode for 30 years or just getting back in the saddle, this clinic will take you and your hrose to a new level of understanding and respect.  For those of you who don't know me, my name is Sheila McPeak and I have been training horses and people profesionaly for the last 3 years trying to help horse owners just like you better understand the hows and whys of creating a more willing partner.

Morning session will include but not limited to:
    Direct and Drive
    Lateral Flexion
    Soft back up
    Introduction to new things safely

Afternoon session will include but not limited to:
    Introduction to the "Preflight Check"
    Introduction to the 3 leg positions
    Bending to a stop for better control
    Resistance Free forward motion
    Forward motion with a purpose
    Clinic Fee:  $130.00
    Date: November 7th
    Presented by:  Phillip Fancher and Sheila McPeak
    E-Mail:  [email=coyotefancy@yahoo.com]coyotefancy@yahoo.com[/email]
    Phone: 618-665-3163 or 618-665-3530
    Please call for the application forms that can either be mailed to you or E-mailed

Lunch included in price for all participants
    $25 stall fee if needed, Prior arangements required

Current negative Coggins report required

No stallions Please
    Please bring a horse you are comfortable with at the walk and trot
    Participants are responsible for bringing good using tack.  Snaffle bit and headstall (O-ring, Full Cheek, D-ring or Eggbutt) and a rope halter with 14 ft lead.
  •  

Lets try this instead!!   This clinic will cover all day from 9-4 with an hour for lunch which is provided for the participants.  We are going to do groundwork in the morning which include but are not limited to: Direct and drive, Lateral Flextion, Soft Backup and introducing new things to our horse safetly.  In the afternoon we will work on Introduction to the "Pre-flight check", Introduction to the 3 leg positions, Bending to a stop for better control, Resistance free forward motion, and Forward motion with a purpose.

Fee: 130.00 to participate     5.00 to watch
    Location:  Coyotecreek tack and Stables owned by April Walk  in Sigle IL
    Time: 9am-4pm
    Presented by: Phillip Fancher and Sheila McPeak
    E-Mail:  [email=coyotefancy@yahoo.com]coyotefancy@yahoo.com[/email]
    Phone:  618-665-3530 or 618-6653163
    Date: November 7th

We will require participants to bring Current negative coggins, sign the waiver and be responsible for briinging good using tack.  Required to bring a snaffle bit with good headstall (O-ring, D-ring, egg-butt or full cheeck anything with a shank is not a true snaffle) also must bring rope halter and 14ft lead rope.  If you can't get one by then we will have a few extra just in case.  Participents are urged to bring a horse you are comfortable with at the walk and trot.  No stallions please.  Helmets are encouraged but not required.

If anyone is interested please give me a holler and I will get the application to you. 

Thanks again,
    Sheila McPeak

• [':D'] Friendly Bump.  We are getting calls about coming to watch but still need some more riders!!!

Its going to be a low key kind of clinic where it is more than ok to ask as many questions as you can think of.  LOL

I have also bumped up all the training articles from this year should you be interested in how I train in the training and behavior section.