Quick Post

Looking for a quote.

Looking for a quote.
  • I am in the middle of building sn entertainment center, and what I am looking for is a Punched tin (similar to an old pie safe) of a particular horse head.
    Two panels of copper, 12" x 24" .040 thick. My intent is to use them as door  panels over the face of a solid substrate backing.

If any one has this skill, or knows of anyone interested in the work please let me know. I've got my hands full with the oak for the project, and would really like to get it finished before the weather warms up enough to ride again.

Thanks!
  • Don't know anyone but it sounds really neat!  Hope you find someone.
  • Thanks Dana. I've looked around on a local level and had no good results. No one seems to have the right tools or know how anymore to do what I want. I guess I'll either change plans or learn to do it myself.

I've got the fireplace finished and am going to install the entertainment center to the left as a built in type from floor to ceiling.

• I am in the middle of building sn entertainment center, and what I am looking for is a Punched tin (similar to an old pie safe) of a particular horse head. Two panels of copper, 12" x 24" .040 thick. My intent is to use them as door panels over the face of a solid substrate backing. If any one has this skill, or knows of anyone interested in the work please let me know. I've got my hands full with the oak for the project, and would really like to get it finished before the weather warms up enough to ride again. Thanks!

Also, do you have the copper already?  Do you want it punched in copper or tin?

I just emailed an artisan I know in VA.  EXTREMELY good in metal work.  Very talented with a lot of artistic background.
  • Thanks Hunter! How've you been?
  • Wow!  I missed this!  How've I been?  Busier than a woodpecker with chapped lips.

• This is really nice site        http://www.metalmuseum.org/Default.aspx
    The National Ornamental Metal Museum is the only institution in the United States devoted exclusively to the preservation and promotion of fine metalwork. Unlike ordinary museums, it isn#%92t just a place where art is displayed; it#%92s a place where art is made. At the Metal Museum you can see works of art, see artists work, learn the craft and craft the art. ==================================
    Earl Nunes