Quick Post

My puppies

My puppies
  • Daddy is a standard size Aussie and mom is a mini Aussie.  Lady gave birth to 6 puppies-5 blue merles and 1 red merle.  One of the blue merles was still born.  Two females and three males remain.  The pups are two weeks old today.  I read on the internet that puppies are born with worms and need to be wormed starting at two weeks old.  I am not sure I go along with that.  What do you think??
    Pictured at 1 day old.
  • WOW!  Teensy!  You sure got some color there!!  Was the "gift dog" expecting when you got her?  Are these from those dogs?  Can't wait to see how they turn out!!! 
  • aw! I love puppies!!
    I would call your vet on the worming deal littlebit, i've never actually raised puppies so I have no idea
    (psssttt!! when they are ready to go to a new home how much are you going to sell them for? if you are selling them?)
  • When I got these dogs, the "breeder" told the girl who gave them to me that they were both males.  Chrissy told me that, so I kept them together for a month until it was discovered that the small one (mini) was a female, by then it was too late.  I never saw any hanky panky or even interest between them, but apparently there was! 

Yes Tripleluckyprince, I am going to sell them.  Not quite sure how much yet, but will let you know.  They are not registered and will be sold as pet quality. 

Their eyes are just starting to open and they are just so darn cute!  I would keep them all if I could, but I am in the business of raising horses, not doggies!  I might  keep just one...just one! 
  • I love the blues. And, yes, puppies are born with worms from their dams. I don't know when they are supposed to be wormed, I just know that they should be a couple of times before they're weaned. Do you have any more updated pictures? I'll bet they're really getting cute now!
  • Those puppies are so cute it makes my knees weak.  Aussies are such nice dogs, too.  I would be KILLED if I brought home another animal, so I won't be any help when you sell them...but oh my are they ever cute!  Please post some updated pics if you have them so I can drool!  [':D']

And this reminds me of a friend with a small herd of horses to which she added her 9 month old Icelandic...who was not gelded yet.  She did this because her vet told her it would be fine, that he could not yet sire foals, and during that same conversation they made a date to geld him after the ground thawed.   By the time the appointment came, they also had to do a pregnancy exam on one of her (rather large) mares...it was positive.
  • The puppies will be one month old on Wedneday.  This one is the biggest boy and most likely the one I will keep if I keep one.
  • This is the biggest girl.   I think the other three will be mini Aussies
  • Awwww!  So, so cute.  [':)']  Hope you get to keep one, they are such great dogs...if a bit on the hairy side!  I was helping my friend groom hers the other day...even in the AZ summer heat he had lots of fluff.  I was feeding him carrots to keep him happy on the grooming table.  Silly dog! 
  • Very cute, littlebit! Too bad I don't need a dog (I don't need a dog...I don't need a dog...[':D'] )
  • so cute!  Reminds me of our 7 puppies we had in December.  Still have one left, 6 mos. old and lanky ':)'

It'll be nice if you keep one because he won't be scared like his mom and dad.
  • I have a stinky little puppy on my porch.  Looks like I'll be alienating another son by giving his dog away!  Can't say I don't warn them!!
  • I'd like to give away my neighbors' dogs. [8|]
  • Awww they're soooo cute!  I love the blue merles, you have some very pretty colors there. 
  • [quote=Durangogramma]

I'd like to give away my neighbors' dogs. [8|]

LOL

Oops... I mean awwww.... I sorry.

*snicker*