Quick Post

We have beautiful puppies!!!!!

We have beautiful puppies!!!!!
  • Found a dark gray/blue female pitbull apparently dumped at a local dumping spot on our way home tonight.  She's fairly pregnant in my opinion, really calm, sweet, a little thin, had one of those terrible pinch collars on.  Shaylea has dubbed her "Rylee"  Worried to let her near our dogs being a pit..... will take her to our vet to get scanned for a microchip tomorrow...... hope she doesn't give birth tonight!
  • There was a white spotty pit in my yard yesterday!  I was worried about the cats so I went out to chase him off and I found Jack the JR terrior hanging out with him.  Jack is so good natured, I felt better that they were friends.  I don't blame you with someone else's pup and the tiny tyke there.  I've been seeing pits the color of Weimer's lately.  VERY pretty!  I'd hate for her to go back to where she came from.  Probably breeding for fighting.  Valuable in that case.  Be careful!!
  • What a wonderful girl she is!  So polite and sweet so whomever had her must have been nice to her even though this looks like her 2nd litter.......  Slept in Shaylea's room last night, wags nicely at the puppy ':)'  Shay has her fingers crossed so tightly that she has her puppies ASAP, they're turning purple!  Sigh......
  • No microchip, about 1-2 yrs. old, definitely pregnant, very thin-just looks better than she is because she's muscley.  Recommended putting her on puppy food to help fatten her up, got her a collar and put up "found" signs at the local feed store, Petco and vets.  Don't know that I want her to go back though if she's so young, already had a litter and having another one and so young....... put out word that she's looking for a new home.  She's getting very happy ':)'
  • Dana, see if you can get a rescue to spay her after her puppies are old enough and I'll try to make a contribution to help cover it.  REMIND ME!
    (Memphis has a fairly strick "no adopt" rule for pits, rotts, dobies, etc.  AND Memphis has a little girl with LOTS of stitches because of a pit, too.... not the best thing for pit sympathy)
  • Ahhh, you're sweet ':)'  Gotta get pictures of her today.  She has the sweetest face.  The rules on pits vary around here.  We've had some fatal pit attacks......... at one time, the pound did not adopt out pits, now they do but they've definitely upped the fees for licensing an intact dog, that is, if you license your dog ':)'

Sometimes you can get a voucher from some of the local Petco rescues.  Time to go bring her in and stick her in Shay's room again.  Poor thing w/ that pendulous belly.
  • Took her for a walk with the boys today and she had the best time, so happy to be out and trotted along with her tail high in the air, doing the pregnant waddle.......

She seems intimidated by our dogs and will start to growl because she feels threatened but we've been working with her and she seems less worried but we're watching her like a hawk!  Sent emails out to all the rescues in the area.
  • [':)']
  • Several rescues answered me back but said they can't take her in........ I'll keep working on it.  In the meantime, I think she looks bigger!  Guess dogs' gestation is pretty short!
  • Momma Dog Riley's belly is getting tight as a drum!  Any way to know when she's close?  More rescues responded but won't take her while she's pregnant...... that's helpful to me...... I know they're strapped too.  Someone told me pits have A LOT of puppies.... yikes!  She's getting so happy, it was warmer today and she was soaking up the sun with me on the front patio for a while, finally let me rub her a little w/ my foot.  Scared of feet.....
  • Awww.... probably been kicked.  [&o] 
    I don't know really how to tell but I imagine the pups will be wriggling inside of her so you can see them (thinking of mama kitties here) and she will probably start nesting.  You got a place for her?

• I took one of our dogloos out front and put some flakes of hay in there and she seems to like it but if she has puppies in there, it'll be hard to retrieve them so thinking of making some sort of box w/ a lid that lifts off.
  • you might not WANT to retrieve them!  *picturing dana with bandaged hands*
  • Well, if momma Riley is OK with that ':)'  Here she is:

• She is beautiful!  Glad I live too far away to give in to the urge to have a dog.