Quick Post

My Bruno has cancer

My Bruno has cancer
  • Two days ago, we noticed Bruno had what seemed to be swollen lymph nodes in his neck. I called thr vet and took him in saturday. I was thrown into total shock to learn his has lymphomic cancer. I cried, my vet cried, her mother the receptionist cried. I was told, without treatment, he has 1 month to live, with chemo, 6 months. This dog has been through hell with leg problems and many surgeries.

I love this dog more than I have loved any animal. He is only 6,,, crazy thing is, he acts fine. My husband and his parents talked this over, we don't want to put him through the chemo. I almost find it selfish on my part, to put him through that, just for ME to have him 6 more months. I can't stop crying, I woke up wailing, horrible, guttral cries from way deep.

I want to make him comfortable in his last dys, I want a more holistic approach. We hve no holistic vets here, any advice will be great. I am putting him on the BARF diet, god I wish I would have known of this earlier. Any advice?

He is laying at my feet with his "baby", a lil stuffed rottie that he is oh so gentle with. 160 lbs of goofy love warming my feet. Oh my god, I can't take this,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • I'm so sorry to hear about Bruno's diagnosis....... My mom died of lymphoma. 

Darn dogs, they live long enough to wrap themselves around our hearts, but not nearly long enough........

At least for now, he's happy, feeling OK and doesn't know what's going on so he can enjoy life.  ((hugs)). 
  • Oh Kali.... Oh no.  Thankfully you are Bruno's mom.  He was given to you, you were chosen for him.  He knows true love and has had a wonderful life, thanks to you.  I hope to see you soon.
  • Oh god now i'm crying.
    I'm sorry! Just make his last days happy and fun. Lotsa walks,treats, and love.
  • I wish I was there to give you a big hug.  I agree with the others, you and Bruno were meant to be there for each others.  I can't help with the holistic approach but your decision was the right decision.  Love on him and let him go play in the water (if he likes that), play in the field or whatever makes him happy... you know best.  I am thinking of you and am sorry you are having to go through this.  We all know we will have to face it at some point with our precious buddys - but it is really tough when the time comes.  We are all here for you.  Gosh I am sorry I wish I could help more.
  • He's a great dog. [':)']
  • Seems my
    brun is down to his last few weeks, the damn lymph nodes in his neck are cutting off his breathing,,,, wish him  love.
  • Awww Leslie.  I'm so sorry.  We have to love them all while we've got them.  Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us.  Sometimes life seems to suck, doesn't it?  Please tell hubby hello and let him know we're thinking about you guys.
  • I'm so sorry to hear this.