Quick Post

Do you know Killdeer birds?

Do you know Killdeer birds?
  • I took this video at work a few weeks ago.  I just love these birds!! [:D]
    http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj274/Zaggy_2007/?action=view&current=MOV02273.flv
  • Couldn't see the video.  We have killdeers EVERYWHERE around here.  Yesterday there was a little baby sitting in the middle of the highway(suicide mission or just the niavete of youth, I don't know).  We swerved around it.  Thank goodness they BF has excellent vision and reflexes!
  • I couldn't see the video, but we have killdeer around here. I have to watch out for their nests when I'm riding. When the broken-wing thing doesn't distract me and I get too close, the mama bird will puff herself up, spread her wings, and make herself look really big.  She'll threaten to kill my horse if we come one step closer.

They do the same thing to the tractors out in the field. Brave little birds. My brother doesn't want his tractors to be killed, so he'll lift up his machinery to avoid the nests.
  • Your brother is a good person!!!!!!!
  • I could see the video,  cute how she looked like she was writhing in pain till you got close and she popped up on her feet and ran off.
  • aw how cute!! we have those birds out here too i think...they look like that but they are smaller...lol they hang around when we irrigate and we have a pair of ducks that do the same