Quick Post

Another stray

Another stray
  • An extremely emaciated, sad German short-haired pointer showed up tonight :( It's dark and we don't want to put him in with our dogs so we set him out front with food, water and a dogloo full of fresh hay. Poor thing was so afraid but now is wagging his tail. How long does a dog have to go without before you can see every bone in its tail.....
  • Those hunting-type dogs are usually the sweetest things. I hate he's been neglected so. Wonder what his story is? 
  • I hope you can find his owner. We got a stray Labrador when I was about 10. He was also very emaciated. My parents ran ads in the newspapers - no one claimed him. He was only about a year old. We figured that the people were hunting in the area, lost the dog and then went back home (we lived in Yuba City so it's possible that the owners lived in Sacramento or the Bay Area). He was definitely trained! Since no one inquired back, we had a WONDERFUL dog for 15 years. He finally had to be put down at the age of 16 with bone cancer in a front leg.

Edited to add - I do not need another dog. [';)']
  • He is turning out to be a very sweet boy, warming up to us and feeling much better ':)' He has some obedience training and tolerated his bath well. He's mostly been sleeping, curled up in a ball under warm towels, getting less anxious to be alone. Luckily, the local GSP rescue answered my plea and said they could take him in so somehow we'll connect tomorrow and I'll take him to Redlands/Yucaipa ':)'
  • Godspeed you sweet dog. May the rest of your life be wonderful. 
  • I hope he finds a wonderful home! Too bad they can't talk. [&:]
  • Those hunting-type dogs are usually the sweetest things. I hate he's been neglected so. Wonder what his story is? ??
    Those hunting-type dogs are usually the sweetest things. I hate he's been neglected so. Wonder what his story is? 
  • Took Harry to the GSP rescue kennel tonight. He's recovering so quickly! Foot still tender and raw but we were bandaging it. He was awake more and actually excited when I would come home ':)' I will miss his mushy lips and loving, amber eyes.