Quick Post

Farm Critters - got rabbits!

Farm Critters - got rabbits!
  • i've been hedging on breeding the black doe right now, guess I will go ahead and let her visit "Cheeto" the orange buck! My 11-YO sidekick has named them for me. The black doe is Jasmine, or Jazz. Can't wait to see what colors we get from her and the buck! My young friend did rabbits in 4-H, she thinks the buck has Creme D'Argent in him, based on his conformation and coat, and there is a local population of that breed running through the region.
  • Cheeto looks great! I guess all buck rabbits are far more spoiled then the does. Look like he may have a little New Zealand Red in him or maybe some Satin too, he has a beautiful shiny coat. My sister once breed a black NZ doe to her red NZ buck and she got a litter of all brown bunnies. They had that wild colored look to them. I can't wait to see pictures of their bunnies, I know, way down the road, but bunnies are so cute and fun too!
     Oh, just another little tip 3quines, we always breed our rabbits to have their first litter before they are 1 yr. Most of the time I breed my rexs at 8 months and my sister breeds her NZR's at 8-10 months. If the doe is over a year old and never had a litter, she may not take or she may have a dead litter. Just thought I would pass this on to you.
     Your rabbits all look so nice and healthy. You must have gotten them from a reputable breeder. Have fun!!!!!