Quick Post

Another stray

Another stray
  • On the next dirt road over from us, we've seen a stray dog, looks like an akita-sized corgi (docked tail and all!) inside a fenced-in, bank-owned vacant property (no house).  Someone has been feeding/watering him evidenced by the bowls outside the fence and he gets in and out thru holes under the fence.  He has always been very skittish, when I first saw him probably 6 mos. ago, I just saw the tips of his big, upright ears sticking out of a ditch as he hid from us when we rode by.  Gary ran into the guy putting out food for him last week and the man said he has been feeding him for about 6 mos.  He said his wife would like the dog, if they could catch him.  Then last week, coming home from dinner, we saw the dog run past in the dark on our road and have seen him a couple more times going up or down our road.  Today I saw him going by in the field and called Kelly because she's been trying to coax him a couple times so she went out with some lunch meat.  Next thing I know, she's calling that she needs more food and that he let her pet him!  Got some canned food out and although he was still a little spooked, he came in our driveway, let us pet him and got friendlier and friendlier.  Wolfed down food, a little thin.  He must have some Aussie in him because his ears are like a red merle but the rest of him is corgi-colored with a white collar and feet, plus a stripe down his nose and one eye has a big blue spot in it. Beautiful, athletic dog.  He's fixed and really a nice dog.  He likes to take your wrist or hand gently in his mouth when you are walking, knew how to walk on a leash so later today we took him over and he is at his new home!  They have another dog, some cats and chickens so if he's OK with all that, they'll keep him.  Otherwise, they'll bring him back to us.  We're calling Kelly "Dog Whisperer!"   Another one saved :)
  • 'bout time! [':D'
    FANTASTIC brief story.... short, sweet, and happy ending.  Two thumbs up! [':)']

No pics?
  • Came home around noon to the dog in our driveway...... he was a little shy at first but then got all excited.  Gary talked to the guy on his walk tonight and apparently he has a work table up against his 6 foot high fence and the dog jumped out yesterday!  Looked for hm and couldn't find him but the dog found us today!  He's going to move the table tomorrow morning and we'll take him over and try again.......  He really wants in the house but I worry about the cats so he'll have to curl up in the dogloo filled w/ hay tonight.....
  • Same dog?????  Did you take a piece of stove wood over and beat his owner???
  • Okay, he just came and got him ':)'  It was a fight to get out the back door, this dog was so desperate to get in.  Whew!  I think he is akita, looking at him, only w/ a docked tail  Darn it, didn't get a picture again but was worried about the new pup.