Quick Post

Skyler, all grown up!

Skyler, all grown up!
  • Here's my puppy I adopted last June.  He's one year old now and seems to have stopped growing, except mentally which is good!  Used to be, every day I'd come home, open the back door and ask "Okay, what did you destroy today?" but he's narrowing down his tastes now :)  He's been through dog obedience, did very well at home but was kind of freaked out in class (way too noisy with ball games, playground, etc. surrounding us!) and he's finally settling down although he's a whiner, always on the wrong side of a closed door...... I think he just wants to do his routines and gets anxious while he's waiting.  He loves to go out and feed, go to the feed store in the truck, go for walks, do dog agility and is a real sweetie.  He's a muscular dog, around 55-60 lbs.  I think maybe he's cattledog and lab.  I love his short, easy keep hair, compared to Annie, the husky!  Anyways, here he is.

• I love Skyler! [':)']
  • What a great appaloosa-like dog.  He looks great.

Ms. Misha is 1.5 yrs. and I thought was beyond the chewing phase.  Well that is not the case.  She chewed the wood on one of my favorite chairs.  My point is, if your dog is anything like mine, keep your patience a bit longer. They are awesome, aren't they?
  • Yep, he was chewing sharky holes in the pool cover recently!  We took him to Pony Club today and it was very good for him.  When we first got there, he had his tail tucked up to his navel but by the end, he was relaxed and just hanging out, although he always seems to want to be doing a job.  Guess it's the breed, huh?  On the way there and back, Shaylea held onto his leash and rolled her window down all the way.  He was in heaven, head hanging out, ears and tongue flapping, sniffing all those interesting scents.  Such a funny boy ':)'