Quick Post

My little hummingbird buddy

My little hummingbird buddy
  • This is a little female Anna's hummingbird and she likes to hang out with me while I'm feeding the horses and watering the garden.  She buzzes up to within a foot of the horses and within 3 feet of me, then zooms around through the spray from the hose, perches on anything I'm near, grooms herself and seems to be taking up residence in a Sycamore tree out there.  The pictures aren't that good.  I'll remember to take my camera out tomorrow morning so I can get some "in flight" ones.  I think she's young 'cause her tail is so short.  Anyways, she's just precious and I feel privileged to get to see her up so close [:)]

• Thank you for the pics... Isn't that something.  Don't know if this is normal behavior - but like you I would feel like I was given a gift...  Very cool!   Keep us posted.
  • I just love hummers!  One day I was wearing red shorts and this hummer flew up to investigate them.  Finding nothing to eat, he flew up to within a foot of my face as if to say "where's the food?" !! It was soo funny.  I have had them fly up to my face before.  They seem curious as to what we are. 
  • That's really cool [':)']  I had one come visit last year to my deck, I'm sure hoping they come back this year.
  • Ya GOTTA come to the hummingbird festival!!!  Audobon!  Tempted?  I'll find you a place to sleep, though we're rather crowded these days..... [:-]