Quick Post

Sunday spring forward

Sunday spring forward
  • We had a great ride yesterday except the northern blew in just as we headed out. Windy and cold, but we suffered through. Sarcee was a lot of fun. Miss Toni got a scare when her horse threw a couple bucks. She rode it out. She needs to have shoulder surgery again and is 85? No sure how many more rides she has. : ( I have a new student starting this afternoon.
  • ah, the forum is up now.  All I could get this morning was the header and footer with a blank page in between.

Yesterday Cinnabar let me walk up to her in the yard and scratch her shoulder.  A day or two before that, she let me love on her a little over her stall gate.  She is coming around some.  I tried to feed her a treat today (she eats them off the ground or out of her feed tub) but she would not take it from me.  I put it in her mouth and she clenched her teeth and tried to spit it out.  I gave up and fed it to Harley.

We had a home group after Church today.  Not in anyone's home, in the community center next to the Church.  I think we had about 20 people for our group.  There are four other groups but they meet in the evening.  Hubby seemed to like it, so we will probably go again.

Hope everyone has a great week.

• It was a nice day here. Went to the gym finally. I think Jeff is going to CT this week. He's gained some weight and is worried about what his kids will say. Plus we need to stay healthy. On the other hand, I've been making some awesome recipes from a 1931 cookbook.

Talked to boywonder for a long time. He's doing okay. It's always nice talking with him. I miss him. We had some adventures together from TX to NH to DE. He went with me nearly every time I was sent somewhere. Anywho... Work tomorrow. Better turn in. The time change will be in my favor since I've been waking up at miserably early hours. But I slept last night so... I'm ready for another 8 hours!! :)

• Well, it's Monday morning and I cannot figure out how to start a new thread so figured I'd log on here.  Not happy about waking up in the dark again.... but I'll like the other end of the day :)  Lessons tonight, but the big news is WE SOLD ATHENA!!!!!  It is the perfect home, all we could have wished for for her :)  Got full price, lady is coming Tuesday to pick her up after her check cashes :)  It is a trail home, lady is a retired vet, lives out in Barstow next to BLM lands, rides with friends, loves to move out, doesn't care about the arena which is right up Athena's alley :)  She rides bitless and bareback most of the time, spent a couple hours here yesterday getting to know her, see if there was a connection of some sort.  Yay!!  Well, speaking of horses, gotta go feed the herd.  Also, Nakama found the perfect home for him with a little husky sister who is feisty and plays all day!!  Nice to be down to our dogs.  They were thrilled with his turn around in just 3 weeks and asked to take another dog but we are on break from fostering for now :)  Cat just sat on my hand so guess that's my hint to go!