Quick Post

Monday, Happy Presidents' Day!

Monday, Happy Presidents' Day!
  • Nice to have a day off with sunshine when I can actually get out and enjoy the day! Drive, even, if I want to! Not like last week when I had to stay home because the roads were bad and it was snowing slushing sleeting blowing freezing.

***again a huge chunk of this original post disappeared***

• Wwwwindy here. Cut our ride this morning short because of it.

Yesterday we saw a very large red fox. Sarcee threw a fit when I let her out later so I 'm sure that fox was what had  her upset. Coyotes are around also. we heard them the other evening. We found a yearling and a fawn carcass today.

Meetings the rest of the aftrnoon and evening. . Bleh : }

May try to ride tomorrow.

• Cataract and lens surgery went fine.  Funny feeling looking up into the liight as someone is cutting on your eye.

• Rod, glad that the surgery went well.  Sounds scary.

Put Harley in with Cinnabar this afternoon.  They were not thrilled with each other but were not duking it out, either.  A couple more times and I will try her with Lena.  So far, they make ugly faces at each other over the fence.  Will be glad when I can let them all out together.  Cinnabar is getting a little bit better with me each day.  She definitely prefers baby steps.

Cold today.  Some guy stopped by this morning.  He lives across the valley on the other road and his dog went missing late yesterday afternoon.  I put the word out on facebook.  Poor man is heartbroken.  Hope he finds him.  It was down to minus 10 last night and he though he was in the "woods" behind my pasture.  That isn't woods, it is swamp.  Someone traps down there, too.  Hope the dog is found and is okay.

Have a great night, all.

• www.jocooks.com/.../magic-cake

Got this in the oven. 40 - 70 MINUTES!!!???

• good news about your surgery rod.  had the day off from Delta, but jake and i moved snow and ran errands.  no 4H due to roads.  picked up mystys remains from the vet.  not to wait til spring....

back to work tomorrow.  cramming for next mondays final assesment (not a test)

im ready for bed.  my 'before dinner drink' has done me in!

• Good evening.  Glad your surgery went well, Rod!!   Your cake looks scrumptious, Hunter.  Sorry the wind thwarted your ride, DH.  Glad the horses are doing OK together, Connie and hope your neighbor found his dog. :It has been a very busy, horse-filled day although I did not get to ride today :(  Got in a great ride yesterday and washed Cody.  He feels much better :)  I tried out the new sprayer nozzle I got at the Horse Expo and it makes a loud noise which spooked him a bit but he did get used to it :)

Farrier came at 8:15 and finished up around 2..... we did 7 horses today.  Bummer was that Tahoe was lame afterward and had to have one shoe reset so Kelly ended up riding Athena in her lesson instead.  She did really well though.  Also weird was when they had removed Tahoe's shoe and were checking his foot out, he suddenly dropped to his knees and went down on his belly, then got up again? He was much better after getting his shoe reset, gave him some bute tonight and will let the farrier know how he is tomorrow.  He never reacted while having his shoes put on originally.....  

We had 6 kiddos take lessons today, Spirit was busy for 2 of them.  He feels like a new man.... had his teeth and sheath done the other day, got wormed and his 5-way vaccine yesterday,. feet done today :)

Put chicken curry in the crockpot this morning before I headed out and it was delicious tonight :)  

A family came to meet Cooper, the Akita we have been fostering this afternoon and fell in love with him.  He is on his way home with his new family.  He got an 11 yr. old boy!!  Lucky dog and lucky family.  Hubby was rather attached to him and hinted about keeping him.  We've been asked if we'll foster another puppy.  Thinking about it.

Also did some manure and general clean-up around here, lots of laundry.  I'm tired!  Off to get ready for work tomorrow.  Night!