Quick Post

Domestication

Domestication
  • Dear Ted,

I apologize for my use of the unfamiliar term "snot nosed".  It is an insulting term used to refer to children who are usually dripping mucous from their nasal orifice.  Disgusting!  I am sure your children are quite hygenic and well bred enough to be familiar with the use of handkerchiefs.

As I found your father's case interesting, I spoke at great length about it with my psychic last night.  For a small fee of $25,000 USD he would be willing to attempt to channel your father in an effort to find out what his preferences are in regards to his keeping.  Any unused funds would, naturally, be returned to you via cashier's cheque.

As to the riding in cars with your father.... I certainly hope you have a large American convertible of some sort so he is comfortable!  Although living in London it is unlikely.  If not, please be careful and watch that he doesn't hang his head out of the car window. You wouldn't want him to get hit by a lorry or bus! 

To help in the domestication of your horse-father, I have included a link that will help you get some ideas on how to keep your father comfortable at home.  It is of an American man who keeps his horse much in the way in which you would like, although I do not know that the horse is a reincarnation of anyone in particular.  Please note that I do not condone the consumption of cheap American beer by horses.  I am sure your father would much prefer a nice pint of a good English ale or stout, oe perhaps a glass of chianti with his Bolognese!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teHfyby_veU
  • I tell ya what if I am lucky enough to come back as a horse I want someone to give me regualar vet care, great equine dentist, best farrier money can buy, one heck of a large pasture preferably in some rolling hills with a veiw and why not have the best grass and alphalpha I can get.  Just so long as someone comes out once a week to give me a taste of a coke.  Why on earth would I want to be back in a house when there is soooo much to see and do outside?  LOL
  • Oh dear sir. If I have in anyway frazzled your marbles I do so declare my utmost sincere apology. Now that you have opened my perspectives I have decided that my dear dog Freckles is really my long since departed mother. They both have the same odd charictoerictics. 

!. They are very protective. The just as soon bite someone than let them hurt there family.
    2. They have a sense of uniqueness. Always have to be the odd ball out.
    3. They both loved my undivided attention.
    4. They both love to sneak food behind my back.
    5. They both prefer the company of women besides men. (non sexual of course)
    6. They both know when I need a hug.

Yes... I do think it may be my mother after all. Oldmare... I think I may be needed that psychic of yours. I hope they have a payment plan. If not then I may be willing to trade my dog for there services. She as a unique ability to walk backwards when ever she is in the kitchen. I think it is my mothers way to be safe after that one time she fell on the wet tile in the JC Penny's (true). I'm sure someone would be willing to pay the $25,000 for a walking backwards possed dog. OPPs, I didn't mean to say possed... But they are both kind of odd.... Especially when we are praying....

Maybe I just need a Preast. Hey, I'm not Catholic. Do you think they would mind?

Um, Sir... How about you show some pictures of your past father and present father and we can compare them for likeness.

I have already done this... and there is an unmistakeable likeness.
  • LMAO!  My sides hurt - and its all your fault shiver and OGM!  Owww.

I think Toby likes to THINK he is some special reincarnation so he could come in.  He has been known to try to get up on the front porch a time or two.  [&:]
  • I would so love to know who this really is. They have a wonderful way with words. It seems more like an adult than kid. 

Hey does anyone remember the old hatter. Now that was a crazy dude. But funny in a creapy sorta way. If ever I wanted to laugh I would go back and reread some of his threads.
  • I don't know what else to do but laugh [':D']. You guys are funny.
  • Ted, where are you residing presently - in this dimension, I mean? (nowhere near Memphis, right?)
    I'm not getting why you don't want your dad to have his own room.  Don't tell me he can enjoy pasta and not be house broken, or at least paper trained.  I find your attitude to be a bit incongruent.
  • Theoldgreymare, I would prefer that you did not bring my children into this discussion. I understand that you do not know this, but 6 years ago, both my children were involved in a terrible accident snorting sherbet at another child#%92s birthday party- neither have been able to produce snot since, and my youngest lost the use of one his nostrils permanently. Therefore please do not call them “snot-nosed kids”- I feel it is dreadfully inappropriate and quite derogatory.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford a $25000 psychic, but I am about to start a large business selling horse-food dispensing machines, and I am sure this will go world wide. However, I can offer you (or your friendly psychic) 25000 Norwegian kroner, if you would oblige me in contacting my father. Another possible path is a horse-whisperer, but there are not many of these in London, and my father was slightly deaf (is it possible to get horse hearing aids by the way? Otherwise I might have another business idea).

However, a warm Norse thank you for all of the help that all of you kind souls have given in the last few days. May your souls go to Valhalla. Because there has been much discussion on food, and whether a horse should eat boned chicken, I feel obliged to share my wisdom with this diagram of the apparatus with which I feed my beloved father: 

(Due to the image being slightly shrunk, the labelling is slightly unreadable - try
    http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs43/f/2009/128/e/a/Horse_Feeder_by_cogwirrel.png&nbsp';)'

As you can see, all food is deboned in a centrifuge. This is due to an unfortunate accident 12 years ago, with my old horse and a rather bony salmon (a pink fish, often found in rivers, often growing to large sizes and extensively farmed- I do not know whether you have it in your country). Suffice to say that one of the bones went awry in poor Wendy#%92s windpipe, and he had to breath with the help of bellows for the rest of his life.

I would like to offer an explanation of the diagram. At supper time, we place whatever meal the family may be having into the blender, along with the last of the medication that my father used before he died: mainly for his neurosis, but also for an arthritic leg. The food is blended for approximately 1 hour and 36 minutes, but this may vary by up to 40 seconds, depending on the type of food being blended. At this point, the vacuum pump is automatically activated, and the food begins flowing up the pipe and towards the centrifuge, in a similar manner to a dentists sucker.

The centrifuge spins at exactly 10400 revolutions per minute, and this serves a dual purpose. First (and as mentioned previously above), it removes all the dense bones in the meat, ensuring that the horse does not lose the function of its lungs, but also it caters to my fathers love of airy, light food, by ensuring that only the food of very little density makes it to my fathers sensitive and delicate palette.

Having been made airy and delicious, it goes down the distillation tubing. This increases the purity of the food by 6.7bhres, removing approximately 69% of the hard minerals in the water, and replacing this with sugar cubes (made only from the finest Danish sugar plantations). Finally, the food reaches the end of the tube, where it is released into the air and lands in the food-containment chamber. The time spent airborne contributes to aforementioned airiness, due to a fan blowing air onto it. This air is very special, since it has been especially captured and compressed in the Scottish highlands, one of my father#%92s favourite holiday destinations, and I think it adds a certain jågölakiö (I am unable to find a translation for this beautiful Swedish saying) to the food.

The food containment chamber is pre-heated (or cooled) to the ideal temperature for the meal to be served at, and should my father find the food somewhat bland, then he has three different pressure pads at his feet, where he can add a selection of his favourite sauces, to spice up the dish.

Lastly, I would like to add (as I have discovered this year), that this apparatus makes absolutely excellent gloop for babies, and removed much of the hassle that my wife had with breastfeeding.

Hunterseat, Currently, I am residing in the beautiful country of the United Kingdom, but I have only been living here for a few months, after my move from Estonia. I am sorry that I do not live near Memphis, because I would have loved to have had you over for dinner so that you could meet my father.

Lastly, Shiver, I find it quite insensitive that you would have me “put down” my father, especially since I have already lost him once. I think he would have been (and is) far more happy as a horse than as a bachelor, due to his old love of neighing, and his passion for trotting around our garden.

Many thanks, and yours sincerely, graciously and gratuitously,
    Ted Newton
  • Sorry about your kids.  You just never know what they'll put up their noses next. 

Honestly, mustard and ketchup are not considered "sauce".  I've heard about the British culinary habits and now realize you probably belong there if this is your way of thinking.  I'll have to look up Estonia cuisine, but I'm thinking there won't be a huge difference.   Let me send your dad some Memphis BBQ sauce.  I don't take that Norse currency, though.

So you're one of those immigrants to the UK.  Serves them right for not re-populating.
  • Sorry for all the flack you are getting in your belief of reincarnation.

go to www.baywindfarm.com and post a message for WashingtonBay
    she is a believer in reincarnation also and would be a great help to you.

and could give you some great advice as to help you with your dad.
  • [X(]
    Tednewton, I do not know much about reincarnation. So I have a few questions to ask you since you are highly religious. Being reincarnated as a horse is this a good or bad thing? If you are reincarnated as something different then a human being would you want to live your life like the being you are reborn as? Or would you long after the life your were living before? Depending on your answer would be my advise.
    However, if this would happen to me I would hope that I could live a good horse life. Not just oats and sugar lumps and I certenly would not want to live in a cage or have to use a bathroom.
    And anyway how big is your kitchen? Or is it one of this plastic horses?
    How is London these days anyway? Lots of big cars with horses in it?
    Well, keep us updated on how your horse is doing.
  • Lastly, Shiver, I find it quite insensitive that you would have me “put down” my father, especially since I have already lost him once. I think he would have been (and is) far more happy as a horse than as a bachelor, due to his old love of neighing, and his passion for trotting around our garden.

Dear sir, I have quickly reviewed my past correspondences and can not recall where I would have told you to put your father down. Dear me, old man, what a ghostly notion that is! Who do you think I am? The grime reaper? No not I!.... I merely implied that your poor father must have made a wrong turn on his journey to Mother Earth. Or he must have made someone of great importance.... The one and only....the all knowing.... Master of the Universe...pretty POed. For why would your father, who you have implied was of great character, return to this existence as a common horse? To live his life as live stock carrying a supieor  species around for please. 
  • Dear Ted,

I believe I had heard about the horrid sherbert snorting incident on World News.  I had no idea these were your children!  How dreadful for them.  I can't imagine why they would be snorting sherbert.  At least it was something wholesome.  Here in the States, children snort all types of horrible things.  I apologize for my lack of sensitivity.  Mea maxima culpa!

In reviewing your sketch, I can't help but note that your father-horse bears a striking resemblance to an aardvark!  Please don't take offense,  I am sure he is a beautiful horse in person.  Have you gotten him settled at home yet?

Also, would you be willing to share your recipe for Spanish chicken?  One of my horses told me he would like to try it.  Alas, I will have to debone it manually as I don't have a brilliant machine to do the work for me.  I hope you have patented that idea.  Now that it is published on this forum I am sure horse.com will have someone working on a prototype of their own by Monday morning.  I think it could be used for any animal, no?  I would imagine it would work divinely for ferrets too!
    Kind regards.
  • We highly encourage pictures here.... no, wait... the posting of pictures is MANDATORY here so please post a family portrait including grandpa in his current incarnation.  PLEEEEZE!  Um.... we'd like to help you assess Grandpa's dietary needs and could do a more accurate job of it if we could see him. 
    Awaiting anxiously, hs
  • ..... just wow. lol!