Quick Post

HOLES!

HOLES!
  • sinkholes , neighbors dog holes, ditches, and ruts! OMG what do i do! there ALL where i ride -on my property- HEEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!!!

not opposed to killing neighbors dogs.....infact i want them GONE
  • Um.. I think you are kidding, I hope you are kidding. Call the cops if they are a bother. That is a better choice.

You know you have two choices. Fill them in, or live with them. If you fill them in, there will always be a new one around the corner, there is no easy answer. I highly recommend you do not canter in these areas. It is the only safe choice.
  • Dogs who become a nuisance and have owners that won't deal with them after you nicely ask fall under the 3-S scenario.  Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up.  This method is highly effective but should only be used as a last resort.

Otherwise - start filling away!  Also a horse who is extremely sure-footed can help as well!
  • How much property are we talking?  We have fields full of armadillo holes!!!  Riding in a pasture with cow paths helps.  Sorry about the neighbor dogs.  Painted Lady would say:  Shoot them with a paint ball gun.  That way, when they go home the owners will see they're somewhere they shouldn't be.  After the owners fail to cooperate, if you can't take them to the pound, go to the 3S method.  HEY your dad's a cop.... wait... are these the fireworks neighbors?  THey must have some kind of political pull if they get away with so much.
  • Diff neighbors hunt and we have told them they wont do it.
    I have shot them with BB guns and killed a few cats....(annoying cats that bug my dogs)
    We are talking 22 acres
    Shoot shovel and shut up is whats about to happen
     AAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD the last time they chased my horse i personally told them that the next time i see the dogs on my property im shooting to kill and they cant do a thing about it. (its legal to shoot neighbors dogs if they are on your property...cats too)

• [quote=DixieClassic003]

Diff neighbors hunt and we have told them they wont do it.
    I have shot them with BB guns and killed a few cats....(annoying cats that bug my dogs)
    We are talking 22 acres
    Shoot shovel and shut up is whats about to happen
    AAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD the last time they chased my horse i personally told them that the next time i see the dogs on my property im shooting to kill and they cant do a thing about it. (its legal to shoot neighbors dogs if they are on your property...cats too)

Just curious what state you live in as I have never heard of one that allows you to shoot animals just for coming onto your property (including states with leash laws).  Most states do permit landowners to shoot animals that harass livestock so you would be within your rights if the dogs were chasing your horses.  SSS is usually reserved for that type of situation, not because your neighbor's cats "bug" your dogs.