Quick Post

Do you love your trimmer/farrier?

Do you love your trimmer/farrier?
  • I DO!  Steve will be here tomorrow! [:D]  My horses are ALWAYS glad to see him!!!  Me too.  He's a sweetie! [:)] I'll try to get pics.
  • I think you just like to look at his  butt [':D']
  • SHHHH Benson, I think that was Hunt's dirty little secret, LOL.

I love my farrier.  He is good with my horses, keeps up on training and is very flexible with scheduling and usually pretty close at being on time.
  • After so many times of seeing his butt it's like looking at my brother, ya know?  It was so completely pouring I couldn't get pics.  He was training someone, too. A lady who wants to start doing her own horses.
  • I DO!
    My farrier is down to about 7-8 customers now ( he used to have a whole following, he's been cutting down), I'm hoping that I'm the last one he still comes to before he hangs it up all together.  He's awesome, he's great with my girls, doesn't charge me near enough, and is a joy to talk to and be around. I keep telling him I don't know who I'll get that can measure up to him.
  • I really like our farrier. He is a certified farrier instructor and he is teaching us to take care of our own feet (horses, not ours ).
    He started out coming every 6 weeks and now we are every 13 weeks. It is great as we now know how to prevent so many things. In the past, when a farrier came my horse would be so tender for a week, now she doesn't miss a beat because I keep up with it and the farrier doesn't trim so much back. When chips/cracks first appear, I take care of them before it causes problems.

We also have a gelding that is 17 whom we could not keep shoes on and he feet were horrible. This guy was able to get this horse barefoot and his hooves are now in great TOUGH shape!
  • I do!  My guy is wonderful with scared Spirit and has really helped his twisted hind foot.  He also does Cody without complaint where many farriers won't do a draft.  He charges me the same to do Tahoe's little feet as he does to do Cody's big hoofers.  He almost always has an apprentice with him.  Hope he doesn't retire too soon.
  • My farrier is a God sent.....I was using another shoer about 2yrs ago(i have to admit i didnt know much about horses feet like i do now) well this farrier had been trimming and shoeing fancy for almost 2 yrs and then one day my horses chiropracter(sp) said ash fancy isnt sound you need to tell your shoer to do this this and this i replyed i wouldnt know what to look for...so her husband Lynn Thortan (which is my shoer now) trimed and shoed her for me she was lame on her front half......the old shoer had her soooo flat footed she walking on the ball of her feet which was causing pain up her leg making her lame and limp she could barly walk on concrete on grass or sand was fine i had her xrayed they looked good doc said her coffin bone was awesome but it was tilting back words causing the pain on the ball and causing her to limp and be in pain when she would walk...(if the cannon bone is tillted forword that isnt a good sign ) sooooo my vet said to put her on alum wedge shoes that worked for awhile then we went to egg bars and that did the trick she was pain free.......she was xrayed 5months ago doc wanted more heel so we out the gell inserts with the leather cover for 3 shoeings that made her grown enough heel so now 2yrs later she is sound free no problems she is on reg horse shoes no special ones.

So yes my farrier i have now He is God Sent he fixed my mare and is a very dear friend my mare loves to see him she gives him kisses and whats realy cool when he goes and gets her out of the pature he takes her halter off and she will stand at the wash rack with no halter while he trims and shoes her he gives her a cookie when he is done and hse follows him back to the pasture and he puts her back outside for me (its a closed off barn there is no way togo to  the front unless she jumps a 8foot gate.)