Quick Post

Im not sure what's wrong with this horse. Help?

Im not sure what's wrong with this horse. Help?
  • My friend gave OTTB to a girl and she kept him in her backyard. The problem is that he needs a special shoeing due to his high knees. however the girl didnt keep his maintenance and sort of ruined him. My friend got her horse back and put his  padded shoes and supplements so he can improve. But he sort of walks as if he were sore. and he tends to be on his toes such as the picture shows. I am not sure what is this issue he has, but the farrier says his flexion is good and would be okay.  He use to be a show jumper and she wants to see if she can get him back into shape again. He is 15 years old. Can someone give any ideas to help?

• I can see he's over at the knees but not sure why. I hope and pray she doesn't want to make him jump anymore. At 15, in that shape, it sounds inhumane.

• @sarahbueno13

But he sort of walks as if he were sore. and he tends to be on his toes such as the picture shows. I am not sure what is this issue he has, but the farrier says his flexion is good and would be okay. He use to be a show jumper and she wants to see if she can get him back into shape again. He is 15 years old. Can someone give any ideas to help?

If he walks as if he is sore , then he is sore and the farrier should be more forthcoming with what his plan is. I hope no one is riding him.

• His knees ARE high!

• There's more leg up there under the blanket.