Quick Post

Extreme easy keeper weight loss program???

Extreme easy keeper weight loss program???
  • Hi! I'm new to the community. I have a morgan quarter horse cross mare that is 15hh of  all around fatness.  I've been doing long trotting and walking with her. She's on limited rations of hay and no grainwhatsoever. I've had her trotting over 7miles with her barely sweating or breathing hard and shes still not loosing the weight. Just curious if anyone has any safeconditioning program that would help?! She's the type of horse that looks at food and gains a hundred pounds, but somehow seems to be in shape underneath all the fat.

• Wow. Like an air fern. Are you sure  no one is sneaking her goodies? :O) I'd love to see pictures of her if you can figure out how. It's not too hard if you use the custom text editor to reply, then you'll see the little "picture" at the far left of the toolbar with the little green plus sign. 

She's got a clean bill of health? So no thyroid issues? (do they get thyroid issues?) She might not be losing but if you trot her 7 miles at a stretch, I bet you're in great shape! 

• I have four dogs big to small, a rabbit, chickens, dairy goats, and three cats.

• @hunterseat

Wow. Like an air fern. Are you sure no one is sneaking her goodies? :O) I'd love to see pictures of her if you can figure out how. It's not too hard if you use the custom text editor to reply, then you'll see the little "picture" at the far left of the toolbar with the little green plus sign.

She's got a clean bill of health? So no thyroid issues? (do they get thyroid issues?) She might not be losing but if you trot her 7 miles at a stretch, I bet you're in great shape!

I wish I was in shape ! No, I've had to cheat a bit because of being pregnant and just having the baby. I've been leading her off off our Polaris ranger. I can't seem to get the  pictures to load. My next step is to get some blood tests done to see if there might be an underlying condition. She's always had a clean bill of health from the vet other than being  "a bit too heavy." I was hoping that there was a exercise program I could try with her that maybe would help. :0) I love that she has some weight going into winter but she literally looks like she should be having a foal (no she's not pregnant) and starting to develop a cresty neck.

• If you google CRESTY NECK HORSE you'll see that this is a possible indicator of an underlying issue. Hopefully she's just an air fern. :)

Congrats on the baby!

Pictures...if you open with Paint and reduce down a bit you might be able to load them.

• @Dana Lynn Beer

@hunterseat

Wow. Like an air fern. Are you sure no one is sneaking her goodies? :O) I'd love to see pictures of her if you can figure out how. It's not too hard if you use the custom text editor to reply, then you'll see the little "picture" at the far left of the toolbar with the little green plus sign.

I wish I was in shape ! No, I've had to cheat a bit because of being pregnant and just having the baby. I've been leading her off off our Polaris ranger. I can't seem to get the pictures to load. My next step is to get some blood tests done to see if there might be an underlying condition. She's always had a clean bill of health from the vet other than being "a bit too heavy." I was hoping that there was a exercise program I could try with her that maybe would help. :0) I love that she has some weight going into winter but she literally looks like she should be having a foal (no she's not pregnant) and starting to develop a cresty neck.

Thanks !!

• You have to delete the quote from the reply field, unless of course you want to refer to something someone said. :) This forum was down, lost members, then renovated the format, then confused the pudding out of us all but we have some faithful posters. I hope you can go over to the thread we post in daily and keep us posted on how your mare is doing. If you click on the big Horse.Com logo at the top of the page you'll see the most recent posts in any category. Then look for "today". Or if you don't see today, click on yesterday's post (in this case it would be Tuesday) then at the top you'll see a little box that says "new thread" or something like that. You can start our morning thread! :) Anyway DLB, we hope to see more of you and please tell us what the vet says.