Quick Post

Tendon issues

Tendon issues
  • When I first got my mare 2 years or so ago, she was out of shape (for an Arab mix) and had really bad tendon issues from her former barrel racing owners not warming her up before a race. She could barely walk 5 years ago. The ranch that I work at acquired her as a donation before I started working there. A year ago, once I was able to get some money, I started her on a daily dosage of RapidFlex, which you can get in most feed stores and some WalMarts. It's about $40 for about a 40-60 day dosage (I can't remember offhand which). We'd previously had her on GlucoFlex, which is more expensive, with limited results. RapidFlex works like a dream! My mare is ridden regularly, handles hot Arizona summers, and can ride through sand dunes and the like now at the age of about 18. If you have a horse who has tendon issues, RapidFlex is a great go-to product before you try injections or the more expensive treatments. 
    We feed RapidFlex with about 2 cups of soaked red bran and a tablespoon or so each of diced garlic, vegetable oil, and apple cider vinegar, as well as a scoop each (included with the product) of electrolytes and MSM. We've added RapidFlex to our older 25-27 year old arthritic gelding's feed, as well as a smaller dosage to an older mini. They're all doing so much better. Definitely worth a try!

• And for some reason I can't upload the "after" picture. Those swollen tendons are gone now, though
  • I've seen great results with my former racehorses using different joint supplements. And they're not all created equal.

Good info! Thanks! Glad your mare is doing so well. She's lucky she has you! [':)']