Quick Post

Nasal Discharge

Nasal Discharge
  • I need help.  My 25 year old Quarter Horse has been havin a lot of nasal discharge while and after eatting.  It most often contains food as well and I've even seen him sneeze water out of his nose.  The farm owner tells me not to worry about it, he probably just eats to fast.  It is beginning to worry me.  I am going to have the vet out hopefully Tuesday.  Any ideas on what could be happening.  He eats and drinks normally otherwise and even seems perky as usual.  He is dropping a bit of weight
  • You're doing the right thing having the vet come check him. If he seemed depressed or in distress and could not eat/drink, I would think choke. That's not what this sounds like, though. Let us know what your vet finds. (And welcome to the forum.)
  • Thanks for the welcome.  The vet will be out tomarrow to at least take a look at him.  Hopefully they are bringing the scope but I'll at least get him looked at and get blood drawn
  • Welcome to our forum.  Sorry your horse is having problems.  I agree with DG, you are right to have the vet out.  Hope it proves to be nothing serious.

• Good luck with your Senior! He's a lucky horse to have such a great owner! Give us an update when you can!!
    Welcome!
  • Hope they figure it out.... not good having his food coming out his nose.....

Let us know what the vet says!  Welcome BTW ':)'