Quick Post

Bee sting

Bee sting
  • So i was out today and i was watchin my horse lick his salt block and a bee stung him on his nose. He's been running around and rubbing it all over the ground and his leg. Anyway i can help him?
  • I think I'd try the stuff that they say to try on people.  Of course I've heard a bunch of stuff. Maybe Google it and see what you find.  Snickers is probably fine by now.
    I wanted to say I love the picture you've linked in your signature.  Nice looking horse and the scenery is beautiful!!!
  • Im a little late for this, but for future reference, a CIGARETTE!  Take a cigarette and bust it open and spit (gross, I know but it works) on the tobacco and hold it to the spot.  (For my kids, I actually chew the tobacco up, nasty as it can be but it activates the juices to nullify the venom.)  Swear that it will take the sting out.

And some wasp bites you can put ammonia on.
  • One part bleach,  10 parts water.

or buy the vials of bee sting stuff from the pharmacy
    you crush the capsule inside and it has a little dobber on
    one end.   If it was a honey bee you have to scrap off the
    stinger and venom sac.   After the bee stings you or animal
    the venon sack and stinger pull out of the bee (which then dies)
    but it keeps on pumping venom 
  • Oh yeah, the scrapin thing is important.  What she said.  ^[':D']
  • [quote=DarkChylde]

Oh yeah, the scrapin thing is important.  What she said.  ^[':D']

Heres a few things i do:

The juice from an Aloe Vera plant is very soothing to the skin. Cut open a leaf and squeeze out the juice. Apply this directly to the skin. The gel from the Aloe Vera plant will also help to draw out any infection...

A poultice of Lemon Balm is also very soothing for insect bites. Crush the leaves and add a small amount of water. It should be the consistency of a paste. Apply this to the area affected by the bite..

To relieve irritation from an ant bite, apply cut garlic or onion to the site. This will balance the acid from the bite. Apply cucumber juice afterwards to sooth further...

A poultice or salve made from mint has a cooling and soothing effect on insect bites. You can also add the crushed leaves to a bath to sooth skin irritation and itching. Any type of mint will produce positive results.
  • [quote=DarkChylde]

Oh yeah, the scrapin thing is important.  What she said.  ^[':D']

• It's probably all better by now, but my husband's grandmother stood by baking soda paste to take out the pain and inflammation.  Like everyone else said though, gotta scrape the stinger first.