Quick Post

Good job, Master Miles

Good job, Master Miles
  • You've run the good race, boy. Over $700K in lifetime winnings, you did your job well. You learned to be a normal horse, too, though it was difficult for you to let the racetrack go. You laid down in the lush, safe pasture of Kentucky with your dear mare-love beside you and went peacefully. Got the email this morning from Dawn, who took excellent care of you.

I love you and am glad you were able to eventually enjoy your life as a horse.
  • ':('  So sorry to hear he is gone but sounds like it was the perfect way to go, nice and peaceful.  ((Hugs))  You gave him the best life he could have after his race career and he was soooo lucky to have you.

• I can't improve on what Dana said, so ditto, ditto.  Wasn't Miles the one who went blind or something?  Sorry Hunter, I can hardly keep my own horses straight.   Or my kids, relatives, friends...
    [quote=danastark]

':('  So sorry to hear he is gone but sounds like it was the perfect way to go, nice and peaceful.  ((Hugs))  You gave him the best life he could have after his race career and he was soooo lucky to have you.

• No, Miles wasn't the blind one. That's Bullwinkle who is doing well. I just got this email because I asked Dawn if Zag knew that Miles was gone, since Miles was herdleader at my house for so long. Dawn said:

His best friend Abby came to the corral today-usually she and Miles had their own agenda-to hang alone in the trees.