Quick Post

LOOK AT THEM SPOTS !

LOOK AT THEM SPOTS !
  • AND THOSE LONG EARS !!  

Well I told hubbie we were going to have a mule before we have a donkey. I was right. This from the mare he said wasn't preggers and the mare that others couldn't get to carry to term. WAY TO GO KARIN !!!!

• awwww he is sooo cute....
  • That has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen!
  • Oh wow!  SUCH a cutie!  Looks fiesty! [':D']
    I was looking at Karen on your web site.  She's a snowcap?  So she's homozygous for the PL gene?  And she will always produce spots?  Is she night blind?  Just wondering cuz Dani's blind as a bat in the dusk/dark.
  • Actually those would be more questions Appylady or Arock would be able to answer. Snowcap yes........Homozygous ... Uuummmmm ??probably??  , Will she always produce spots ?? She might, but I don't plan on breeding her much, if at all ......and honestly really didn't plan this breeding ( this is what happens when hubbies don't listen [8|] )  . She has some health issues, I strongly suspect she ate some toxic plants when she was owned by her previous owner as she was very thin. They could never get her to carry a foal to term and she always aborted between 4-7 months. I was very upset when I suspected she was pregnant and would supplement her grain with vitamins. I'm just glad things went smoothly.  As for nightblind I haven't paid that much attention, I tend to be a bit nightblind too, so I try not to be out moving around in the dark, I'm afraid I'll break my neck. [':D']
  • Wow!  He has stunning coloring.  Such a beautiful contrast.  Congratulations.  What's his name??
  • Wow - Gorgeous!
  • [quote=danastark]

Wow!  He has stunning coloring.  Such a beautiful contrast.  Congratulations.  What's his name??

I don't get to name this one although I do have the right to veto any name I'm not particularly fond of. He's out of my sons mare so my son gets to name him. So far he's threatened me with Jim, Tim Allen, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Howie (do it ) [:'(]  I've threatened to do it myself and name him Booger. [':D']  So he hasn't been named yet.

• Love, love, love that last photo!
  • You know, I wasnt too fond of mules untill I started seeing the pictures you post and hearing the stories you tell fancy! That baby is sooo cute =]
    You could say the long ears have got me now =p
  • He is really adorable! I was talking to another spot fanatic friend of mine & told him about this little guy. He doesn't have a computer & lives 900 miles away. I told him I'd ask if Fancy would email me a picture or two so that I could show him this little guy by snail mail....so...pretty please????....hmmmm, maybe the rear end shot too??
  • Well OK, I guess I might, However you must remember this one isn't for sale. [':D']
  • Well isn't he just the cutest thing ever!   I love the shot of them walking away. [':)']
  • [quote=Fancymules]

Well OK, I guess I might, However you must remember this one isn't for sale. [':D']

Welllll OK, I won't try to push the sale. [';)']  There's a lot of interest in spotted mules!

Thank You for sending the pictures, Fancy. I wanted your permission before I printed them off.
  • [quote=Arock]

Welllll OK, I won't try to push the sale. [';)']  There's a lot of interest in spotted mules!

Thank You for sending the pictures, Fancy. I wanted your permission before I printed them off.

That's probably why we keep ending up with solid babies all the time. [8|]