Quick Post

Is my mare prgnant?! UPDATE!!

Is my mare prgnant?! UPDATE!!
  • **UPDATE!!**
    So the vet came out, looked at her and said "expect a baby late summer early fall" I have never had a foal, help me out! I need to get her prepared for a baby... what all should I do?

So I bought a mare on Feb. 22, 2009. For the first month or so she did awesome under saddle. but as time went on, she started bucking every once in awhile, but now it's to the point that no matter who gets on her, she bucks like there is no tomorrow. I never let her get away with it, and if someone comes off and doesnt want back on, i always get back on to correct her. I cut her oats back about a week or two ago to try to get rid of her attitude, and she was getting a little fat. Thing is, shes getting fatter and rounder. She doesn't do much other than stand in the shade or infront of the fan in the barn. Her "woman parts" are very loose and her teets are sweeled, but just a little (there is also a lot of wax between them). I talked to the lady I got her from to see if there was any chance of her being bred. She said that she only had sallie for about 3 or 4 months (she got her from her ex in TN), and a stud only got loose at there farm one time, but as far as they knew, didnt make it into the mare field. But her ex did whatever the hell he wanted with her and just let her roam free with other horses (possibly including studs and colts). Here is sallie the week I got her:

here is sallie now (pics taken yesturday):

help me out here! oh, and I'll talk to the vet today..
  • well buddy i'd say talk to your vet but it sounds like it to me.
  • well she could be.. but she could also be a very easy keeper.  I have one of those and she looks like she is about to foal any day now

I would have her vet checked to be positive
  • Broken   who is the cutie in your avatar.?

very pretty foal.

I should have looked in the Pics  thread first.  LOL
    Not for Sale.   Future breeding stallion?

• It is hard to tell. I had a mare that I didn't know she was pregnant until about 2 weeks before foaling. She was fat when I bred her. I had her ultrasounded and was told no. Surprise.

• From the photos, Your mare doesn't look bred.
    Right now is peak breeding time for mares, and some mares teats and vulva tend to swell while in season. and they tend to act up and be very moody.
    But if your really worried about have a vet check her. That way its a yes or no answer. cause if she is you want to be ready for it':)'
    as for the what you call (wax) between her teats thats just dead skin(black junk) build up and you just have to wash between really well. Wax is on the tips of the teats that cover the milk holes.