Quick Post

It's a Boy

It's a Boy
  • I thought I would post this here in case you short ear people don't look through the donkey and mule thread. I'll get you converted some day ! [:D]

Belles new son, born 4 days early. I was hoping for a girl, but it just didn't work out. He will be for sale.  Peerless, Calhoun, Black Bart, Seimens Glen, MassAss Acres Moss and many more in this fella's pedigree !

• Awww, he's so darn cute! 
  • Wow, what intense coloring and what a stare on him!  He's darling!!  What are you going to call him?
  • Belle's as in Sugar?  (looking at your site..)  Are new mares ever startled by the ... um....  different appearence....  of their new babies?  I'd think that would be quite a shock if the mare has had lots of horse babies before.  I suppose a good mama won't care about the length of the ears...  lol.  

Still waiting for the right one to trade you for!  I want a riding mule.  Are alot of your riding mules... small?  I obviously don't know mules but I do love them.  They aren't normally very tall, are they?  Danica will be 14.2-ish, I think.  I will probably not keep her because of her height.  I picked her because of the sire and dam height that was advertised which was not correct.  I guess it wouldn't make much sense trading her for something that isn't any bigger.  (I don't think this is coming out right.....)

Fancy, I posted a thread in NHR about a "date" I had and I thought of you cuz there's a butt shot in there!!  [':D']
  • [quote=hunterseat]

Belle's as in Sugar?  (looking at your site..)  Are new mares ever startled by the ... um....  different appearence....  of their new babies?  I'd think that would be quite a shock if the mare has had lots of horse babies before.  I suppose a good mama won't care about the length of the ears...  lol.  

Still waiting for the right one to trade you for!  I want a riding mule.  Are alot of your riding mules... small?  I obviously don't know mules but I do love them.  They aren't normally very tall, are they?  Danica will be 14.2-ish, I think.  I will probably not keep her because of her height.  I picked her because of the sire and dam height that was advertised which was not correct.  I guess it wouldn't make much sense trading her for something that isn't any bigger.  (I don't think this is coming out right.....)

Fancy, I posted a thread in NHR about a "date" I had and I thought of you cuz there's a butt shot in there!!  [':D']

Nope this guy is all donkey. His momma is Diamondback Belle and his daddy is Diamondback Buddy. Sugar is a mare , she would have a mule foal, and I'm still not convinced she's not preggers even though she was teasing the mule gelding. Hubbie is working out of town so making a 30 mile trip to get an ultrasound or palpated isn't in the works at the moment. I don't pull the stock trailer as it's as wide as the road ......not to mention it lost a tire when we run Fancy in when she coliced. Didn't hurt the tire, but it didn't help the hub and all that stuff it goes on. ( I'm so techincal , can't you tell !! [':D'] )

The mares don't seem to mind the difference in their foals, they are just as protective and loving of them as if they were 100% horse .......although some do seem to mind the difference in their "dates". [':D'] Most of our mares are 15.2 hands and the Daddy's 14.2. Rebel , however is still growing, he's only 14 hands at the moment, donkeys can grow until their 6 years old. His grandpa was 17 HH ..... that's one BIG donkey.

We have 2 two year olds that are almost 15.2 and one 1 year old that's almost 15 hands . The other 2 one year olds are on the smaller side as their mothers are smaller too - 14.2  and their also their mothers first foals which I hear can play a difference, whether it does or not ...... I dunno. One of the bad things is  the gigantic half brother doesn't help when your out their looking at them. I always want to compare their sizes to him ........ it doesn't work out so well! * rolls eyes*  Strangley enough most of our foals aren't for sale..... [';)']  Seems we're in a bad habit of keeping them. ROFLMAO !
  • Oh wow, thanks for the education!  I guess I misread one time you said the height of somebody in inches and I translated it to hands and it didn't seem that big.  Those are GREAT sized animals!  Okay, so which one can I have.  I have to be able to ride 'em! [':)']
  • Hmmmm......... that must have been on the donkeys. With the donkeys it's common to give the height in inches instead of hands. Those we have are between 13 - 14.3 hands ( I'm working on phasing out the smaller and getting even bigger ). The mules though I usually would give in "hands". Our first babies just turned 2 this year, so the height on them hasn't really finished yet. The grown mules we currently have we bought. We have two that are 14.2 and one that is 15.2 , but we didn't breed them.
  • I was just looking through all of the threads and see that it said "it's a boy" so i thought that i would come and take a look on what everyone is talking about. So  i opened the page and seen that cute little mule!..haha he is adorible! you are so lucky to have him!
    Everyone has been bugging me to breed my little welsh pony to a donkey (since we do know someone who has a donkey) , but i didn't really want to. but after seeing how cute they really are, i kind of changed my mind haha.
    VERY CUTE! ':)'
  • Nope this guy is all donkey.

Look Chelsea, he's a donkey baby.  Not a mule.  I was mixed up about that myself.  DOH!

If you click on Fancymules' name and look in her profile and click on her HomePage you can see ALL her gorgeous babies!  Mules AND donkeys!! [':)']

Post a picture of your pony!  I have an appy filly I'm trying to talk Fancy into!! [':D']
  • OOPS !  There she goes ........ meaning me. I've decided this one is NOT for sale !  I'd have to pay to much to replace him. He's got the bloodlines I want and a gorgeous conformation. I'm keeping him for a jenny jack, might start him on mares first, we'll see. Now to find out how to break it to hubbie ........or I might just not tell him I'm keeping him and let him wonder why he hasn't sold. [8D]
  • ':O' i wanna take him home....

seriously though i need a donkey