Quick Post

Tyla and Baby Macy...*baby pics pg2*

Tyla and Baby Macy...*baby pics pg2*
  • Yay!!!!  Way to go, Tyla!!!  Can't wait to see her.  Glad to hear Tyla's doing better, too with that weight off her leg ':)'  How about Twyla, like Twyla Tharp, the dancer for the little one??
  • wow thats crazy well now atleast there in a better home good luck to momma
  • I don't think we're out of the woods yet; something just isn't right.  She's pooping but I haven't seen her pee yet; and she's having nursing issues.  She has a hard time finding it (even when we're guiding her) and when she does find it, she only sucks for about 5-10 seconds and then quits.  The milk comes easily when I pull the nipple so I don't know what's going on.  She seems to be getting more lethargic as the morning goes on (might be just because it's a hot day, but they're back in their clean stall with a fan on and it's fairly cool in there now).  I've had a hard time getting ahold of my vet today but finally got ahold of one of the other doctors at the clinic and she's on her way.  So now I guess it's fingers crossed for baby....will update after the doc comes.

Interestingly enough, Twyla was on the list we had picked out ':)'  but I'm thinking she might be a 'Macy'.  What do you think of that name?
  • Doc says I'm just a nervous gramma ':)' but better safe than sorry.
    Baby is fine.  Got a couple shots and some I.V. fluids; she said baby wasn't dehydrated but it would make her feel better on such a hot day.  Also got an enema, her stool was just a little stiffer than Doc was happy with.  We milked Tyla a bit and gave it to baby in a bottle to make sure she was sucking right; she didn't care for that much, but once we took the bottle away she went strait to the teat and sucked like crazy.  She also bumped the bag with her head and squirted milk everywhere, lol.  Doc Mehringer said she's a healthy, good-looking little girl!  The two of them are going to stay in their stall with the fan until it cools off this evening, then they can go out to stretch their legs a bit.  I can't get the cell phone to cooperate but I have a ton of great pics on the camera that I can upload in the morning.  Thanks everyone for your happy thoughts! 
  • NOW I'm remembering!  This is the little mare who was a rescue but has a bad leg and was expecting.  You were wondering if carrying the baby to full term was going to even be possible, right?  Ooooh that would be cool if it was gaited!  Do you even know the mama's breed?  Congrats and I'd be a nervous wreck, too!!! 
  • Hey!  It just occurred to me, isn't this the mare I thought looked TWH?  How neat!  Glad to hear baby is really doing OK.  I'd be paranoid like you ':)'
  • Still a little wet:

Look at the heart on her cheek!

• Wow, she's gorgeous!  Look at that face ':)'  Is she getting along better this morning?
  • OMG!! She is soo cute. Thanks for sharing
  • Thanks!  And yeah, she's doing much better today; she's trying to figure out if she wants to be a rodeo bronc or a racehorse, ':)'.  I threw my back out yesterday helping her nurse (the wonders of aging, lol) and couldn't hack it at work this morning, so I got to let them out while it was still cool and wow, can that girl move already!  Poor Tyla's going to have a hard time keeping up with this one!  Macy was thundering circles around Tyla and Ty was just spinning circles trying to keep an eye on her, lol.  But Macy has got the nursing thing down pat and is already filling out over her ribs, and she's pooing good, and obviously full of energy, ':)'.  And she's so darn independent already; Tyla has to follow her around and I have to help Tyla get her in the barn because she just ignores her mama's pleas.  I forgot just how fun it was to just sit and watch babies, jumping and bucking and running like mad.  Will post more pics tomorrow unless my camera goes dead (took over 200 pics of her yesterday, lol).  Have a great evening!
  • YIPPEEEE !  She's Here !!  What a cutie !! Glad to hear her mom is doing better with all that extra weight off her leg. Also glad to hear that you were just being a nervous Grandma about the baby. [':D']  Hubbie is that way about ours. He's always worried about them being so thin when their born. I keep reminding him that their big enough and I'm sure their momma's aren't wishing that they were bigger. [':D']  She looks and sounds like a healthy girl, she should keep you busy for the next few years! [':D']
  • What a cutie! Congrats!
  • Such a cutie! Mares do love to keep you waiting! A friend of mine got a pony mare someone picked up at the Rumney auction... Got her home and yup she was pregnant! Congrats on your new baby! She is gorgeous! More pictures! Glad to know mom made it through alright!
  • AWWW what a cutie!  I'm so glad both moma and baby are doing well!
  • She is well worth the wait I think.. Congrats!