Quick Post

Two months old

Two months old
  • AQHA colt out of my perlino mare by my sorrel stud.  Still not sure about the color.  Where he has gotten hair taken off, the new hair is growing in black..and oh so soft!  Smokey Black?  Grulla?  Only testing will tell for sure.  Hope to be able to get that done soon.
    The last pic is his sire, Sierra Blazen.
  • Does he had a dorsal stripe?  That dark on his shoulder is primitive marking, isnt' it?  Any leg striping?  Just from seeing that shoulder I'd say grulla but I'm just guessing.

Fine looking boy ya got there! [':)']
  • He still has his dorsal stripe and is dark over the shoulders and rump.  Still has the faint barring on the legs.  Easy going, friendly fellow.
  • That makes him a dun of some sort, doesn't it?  He's a cutie, no matter what!
  • Grullas can have dorsal stripes and leg barring the same as duns according to what I have read. 
  • Odin is alittle over 2 months old. Today he went through the electric frnce to get over with the geldings. He did this 3 times. He didn't care about mom. He wanted to be with the boys. Is this normal? Mom didn't care.
    He did it twice while at work, so when I got home I wanted to see how he did it. So I took mom away, neither one cared, then I took my husbands and my daughters geldings away and he went nuts. He staied in his fence until I took my gelding out of his field. I put him in his stall and the next thing I know Odin was running the fence that the geldings get turned out at night. Mom didn't answer any of his calls, Just Cody (hubbies) and Snirt (Karis) geldings. Snirt was in a stall with the door shut, but Cody and Joe were tied in their stalls. Cody would not share his food with Odin, but Joey (my gelding) was not happy, but backed uup so Odin could eat. 

I guess I'm just wounder if this is normal. Odin has always been independent. He really didn't care where mom was the day he was born. I worry about Snirt and Odin as Snirt has been mean to babies in the past, but Cody was protective of him. Cody is my herd leader. I will not turn them out together alone for awhile, but just asking.

-----------------------

HowToPickHorseTack