Quick Post

Another palomino foal

Another palomino foal
  • My last mare foaled May 28, a week late.  Another colt!  This is my year for colts as all three foals are boys!  This latest one is out of my cremello mare by my sorrel stallion, Sierra Blazen.  As of yet, I have not decided on names for any of them.  At the top of my list for names for the Quarab is the names that Dana suggested, Country Bred or Bred To Be Country. 
  • Well, how did I miss this thread? Congratulations!
  • Congrats on another gorgeous colt!  Must've been something in the water!
  • you've got Country Bred..... how about Corn Bread?  [':)']

I keep putting your baby pictures up on my desktop background.  SOOO cute!!! 
  • What is the mare's name for this one?
  • The sire is Sierra Blazen and the dam is Call Me Pinky.  This little boy has such light colored legs that I can't tell if he has socks, but he does have a nice blaze. 

I enjoy the babies so much!  I could sit all day and just watch them.  We have had THREE days in a row without rain, so I have been able to let the mamas and babies out to play in the pasture.   They are sooo happy to be outside!  They still have to have a few minutes of halter training each day and they act just like school kids waiting for the bell to ring so they can run with their friends. 
  • Our back neighbors breed quarter horses and Aztecas.  They usually have about 20 foals but cut back to only 7 this year.  They got several sorrel/chestnuts w/ lots of chrome, a palomino, the most beautiful little buckskin and a black/grey.  I love watching them frolic, they are all about 1-3 wks old now and starting to fill out and be full of themselves ':)'

Names, let's see:  Call of the Sierras, Call me Sierra, Blazen through the Sierras, Heart of the Sierras, Content in the Sierras

Sorry, not much ...... mom's name isn't much to work with for a colt!
  • Oooh, I was thinking of his color and thought of Moonlight on the Sierras, Sierra's Blazen Moonlight or something like that.
  • COngrats....

-----------------------

HowToPickHorseTack