Quick Post

Snug as a bug in a rug!

Snug as a bug in a rug!
  • Got down to 37 here last night, so my new golden boy got a blanket put on for the first time.  He wasn't sure that he could actually stand up and walk with it on.

I make the blankets so they are adjustable so it will fit foals up until they are yearlings.  It grows with them!  Fleece lined and waterproof make it warm and dry.  I think he looks spify in purple!
  • Yea, he looks a little taken aback!  When we lived in Alaska and didn't have access to foal blankets we would put my dad's flannel shirts on them!
  • Definitely the Aaaww factor there.
  • Cute! I have a foal blanket now (although I don't blanket unless it's below 0 when the baby is born), but years ago I put a sweatshirt on a foal -- ran his front legs through the sleeves and zipped it up. Worked pretty good!
  • I don't remember where this came from, but I love the picture.  AppyLady, your post made me just have  to post it.
  • That is cute! I didn't think about using a hoodie and cutting holes for the ears!
  • Hey, Littlebit, mentioned you at the Driving Club meeting last night.  Some of the members were complaining about the rain and I reminded them that some people were still getting snow.   Yeah, the little fella truely qualifies for the 'aw...' factor, like Gramma says.

Love the Hoodie, Connie.  Hopefully, that's a filly, otherwise I hope they cut that up to the chest-line.  It would get pretty messy otherwise with a little colt.
  • Stude-Today we had sun, bright beautiful sun!  Chance for rain tomorrow.  I think our snow is done...and I am not sorry to see it go!