Quick Post

La Victoria - Foal Due in May

La Victoria - Foal Due in May

• Took some photos on Sunday (March 27th) of Victoria (via my phone). She is 292 days pregnant on March 27th. She is starting to get some slight udder development. She looks obviously bigger as far as the foal goes.

Here are the pics:

Her progeny thus far is:

2000 slate grulla gelding - De Plato Sulfero by Silvertip - Utah (half Spanish Mustang)
    2001 silver grulla mare - Kalyani Yamini by Silvertip - Oregon (half Spanish Mustang)
    2005 slate grulla mare - Doña Alabanza by Ronan de la Pluma Robles - Wyoming (full Sulphur)
    2008 slate grulla colt - SOS Merlin by Kola Wasté - I think this horse is now in Texas (half Spanish Mustang)

This 2011 foal will be her first purebred Spanish type Sulphur foal! :D The sire is Mestene's Pueblo (Sulphur's Chance x Mestene). Pueblo is a 14.2HH zebra dun. Possible color patterns are either zebra dun or grulla. Victoria is homozygous black so there is no chance she would ever produce a red-based foal. She does have the rabicano gene (very mildly expressed) which you can see just right in front of her udders. That is really the only spot she has it the most. You wouldn't know she had rabicano unless you were looking for it!

As far as color goes, I am hoping that this foal will have no white (Pueblo doesn't have any white on him, but his mom had a sock and a half moon shape on her face) and be either a zebra dun or a silver grulla. Not really much fun in the color scheme with Sulphurs! lol Good thing I love stripes! haha

Here is the sire of this foal; Pueblo: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OxbU-3LNSc

Victoria is a show and riding horse with Reserve Champion and Champion USDF/USEF ribbons in conformation from last year. Pueblo's sire was a show and riding horse. His dam was trained to ride, but remained a broodmare. Pueblo has been a reliable trail horse for many years.

She is due around May 16th. I can't wait for this baby to get here!!

• She is gorgeous!  Looks like it's gonna be a big baby ':)'  Keep us update on pictures!  How is last year's foal doing?
  • This foal is going to be born in Temecula Dana! ':)' Noticed that you are located in Riverside ':)'
  • Oh cool!  Is that where you're located or just keep her there?  We drive through there all the time on the way to my dad's or going to various horse events in Fallbrook and Bonsall.
  • I keep her in Temecula near Galway Downs (SoCal Equestrian Center).