Quick Post

Friends want to breed....Pintaloosa...ewwww

Friends want to breed....Pintaloosa...ewwww
  • A friend is wanting to breed Pintaloosa's so they can have spotted saddle horses. I said if they want one and have a grade mare to breed and its what they want thats ok, however I do not think that whole breeding operation is neessary in this horse market nore is the demand high enough. Granted if regisered mares are used they can be registered as Spotted Saddle Horses but I am just wonderig if others feel the same way I do.  Anyone care to weigh in??
  • There are so many hoorse out there that are needing forever homes now,Why sart breeding?If they want a spotted saddle horse,look for one that is broke and ready to ride.A breeding operation if frought with disaster unless they go at it right,have great horses with papers,and a great stallion,then there is so many other things,vet bills,feed,stabaling,pasture,training,hire a trainer,hire a barn manager,ect-ect.It is not just letting ole lady breed with the horse down the street.What if after the foal is born there si trouble,will they care for it till it dies?What if there is no market for the horse?Where will they go?Please discourage this as there are lots and lots of wonderfull horses that are looking for that great place to do what they are trained for,be ridden.
    A foal akes a lot of care,training and so much more.What of they decide they do not want to keep at thsi what will happent ot he mares,foals,ect.This is a big thing and many breeding facilitys go under in 5 years.
    I have brought a foal into the world and have raised it and trained it.I also rescue a few and work wih them,as no one wanted them and had left them to die of starvation and the elements.So please talk to them,a grade mare can be breed to a good atallion but only if they understand a foal is not a puppy,it will grow up to be  abig horse and if not trained become someone elses problem or end up in Mexico as meat.
    But this si just my thoughts and they will do as they wish and This worries me.
    The horse i am on is my endurance horse CR LIVIDIA,she is a Russan Arabian and the best partner a short old lady can have.Next to CR ANALESIA my Russan Arabian Competative Trail horse or Wind Spirit Texas Holdem,a rescue arabain my fuzzy almost 2yo i rescued and am not training as a parade and traile horse.He is my shining boy and so sweet and east to work with.VBG
    Happy Trails