Quick Post

Anyone breeding for 2011 foal.

Anyone breeding for 2011 foal.
  • Im trying to make up my mind if I want to rebreed my mare or wait a year. I  would like to put her back into training for cutting but im not sure. I think after I see her foal this year Ill make up my mind.

So who is breeding this year?
  • I usually give my mares and jennets at least a years rest between each breeding. You have to figure that she's going to be nursing her foal for at least 5 to 6 months and that only leaves 5 to 6 months before the next one is due. The years rest goes a long way toward recondition her body for the next foal. Using her for activities after she's weaned her foal will also help redevelop her muscle tone and keep her in better shape. I would say give her a years rest and breed her back next year if your thinking of breeding her again.
  • [quote=Fancymules]

I usually give my mares and jennets at least a years rest between each breeding. You have to figure that she's going to be nursing her foal for at least 5 to 6 months and that only leaves 5 to 6 months before the next one is due. The years rest goes a long way toward recondition her body for the next foal. Using her for activities after she's weaned her foal will also help redevelop her muscle tone and keep her in better shape. I would say give her a years rest and breed her back next year if your thinking of breeding her again.

That is kinda what i was thinking but I did buy her for a broodmare. If i can get what i want for this foal ill have to breed again the next year. And so on.
  • it is really right, and I also plan to breed my thoroughbred horse,

and that one I want it to do
  • I plan on breeding my Sulphur mare to a pure Sulphur stud this year. I am really looking forward to the resulting foal as it should be an excellent cross!
  • I made up my mind and taking my mare up to rebreed her to the same stud. Hope we get another great foal next year.