Quick Post

How Many Foals Due This Year ??

How Many Foals Due This Year ??
  • I was wondering how many had foals due this year. Foaling/breeding season will soon be here. I'm expecting one Mammoth Donkey and between 3-5 mule foals.  Anyone else expecting any ??
  • I have one foal due in April, and half-interest in a foal due later in the summer. I'm hoping to see spots before my eyes!
  • None here
  • I have one due in april.  Doc quixote grandson/daughter.
  • none for us ':('  It's the first time in a long time.  But we refuse to sell the foals we have for less than they are worth in such a down market.  We will instead put some training on them and hopefully get them in the show ring this spring.  No reason to breed more babies when we don't need one for ourselves and can't sell the ones we already have. 
  • I will say it is nice to read about such honest and responsible breeders.

You guys make me proud!!!!!!!!!!
  • Unfortunately, there are places out there that will have 20 foals on the ground out of a stallion that has no accomplishments, and then will try to sell them on craigslist for $100 each (at least in my area).   
  • Hi Fancy!

I'm expecting 2 foals this year.  One in late March, I bred my homozygous black mare to a red roan, and one in April, I bred my very, very nice personality, homozygous paint mare to a no name no papered stud just because I like how nice he is.

These are my first foals since I was about 15.  Which was a long, long, long time ago and I am very excited!  Also, may be my last foals, we'll see!