Quick Post

Horse height

Horse height
  • Hi. I am 11 and I am still in horse lessons. My mum thinks when I get a horse I should get a welsh pony. I am a metre and 42 centimetres but I think I will easily grow out of a welsh pony. I think I should get a 14hh horse. I need some ones opinion.
    Thanks
    From Georgia
  • Well, seeing how you are probably still growing, I would be careful with getting a small horse, because if you all of a sudden grow really fast, and grow 2 meters or so, you could out grow your pony, not only does size affect your riding but, so does weight if you grow 2 meters you are gonna gain weight, I don't know how much you weigh, but a welsh pony usually is 500 pounds, Horse/Ponies can Carry 20% of their weight on their back, if you multiply 500 by 20% you get 100 Pounds of weight, not only does the horse carry your weight but also the saddle's weight, so be careful, it would be different, if you were older and done growing and you still were 1 meter and 42 cm, If you are POSITIVE that you stopped growing That is perfectly fine to get a short horse, BUT since you are jumping a welsh would be a good fit! But how you know that you are too big for a horse is if your knees reach UNDER their stomach, but if they don't and your weight is about 120 or less you should be fine, BUT I don't know your weight but a other good breed for like a family horse is a Morgan, they can be any kind of horse and you do see jumper horses too, on the jumping circuit, So I hope this helps!

• my weight is not very much about 30kg

• Oh Lol then ya you should be good and its not like if you weigh over 100 ib you cannot ride but ya I think that would be a good horse then!

• K!  It is one for my wishlist then!