Quick Post

Desperately need sheet/blanket for rescue mare!

Desperately need sheet/blanket for rescue mare!
  • Hello guys!
    Ok, Heidi is in desperate need of a 75"-76" sheet and blanket. The one that I was borrowing is an 80 and is just way too big for her! It doesn't have to be fancy or new, and I can fix small rips/tears no problem. Since she is still really skinny there is not a whole lot of horse there to hold a blanket up :/ I can pay a small fee or for shipping. I also have a bunch of tack I can trade if anyone is willing to do that. Just let me know what you are looking for!

I would appreciate anything that we can get for this girl!

You can also e-mail me privately @

Thank you!!

Christina & 'Heidi'
  • Dover Saddlery (DoverSaddlery.com) has blankets on sale right now, waterproof sheets for $59.99 which is a great price.  Maybe you could take your 80" to a person who washes and repairs horse blankets and they could take it in some?  Sorry I can't help you more.
  • Yeah, sadly I don't have that kind of cash right now after going and buying everything else for Heidi and her health. The 80" is not mine sadly, I was just borrowing it from a friend. Thanks for the info though!
  • She would probably be fine without a blanket in Florida, wouldn't she? 
  • It actually still gets pretty cold here when it does cool down. And being a Florida horse doesn't help either lol. I asked my vet about it and she wants to make sure I can get something for her even  nicer sheet because there isn't enough "meat" on her to help keep her warm.
  • I've got a windproof waterproof sheet that works pretty well.  It's being used.  I know what you mean about needing something extra.  Miles doesn't grow much coat, never has, and has all kinds of structural stuff going on.  Bully just went blind and NEVER gets under the shelter so he's in the weather all the time.  I haven't figure it all out yet. [>:]
  • Do you have a local consignment tack store?  I take in stuff I don't need and when it's sold I can buy other things.  Have a bake sale to raise money for your "horse rescue."  Best things to keep a horse warm are a wind break and lots of food which is how they generate heat.  An NHS trainer I know feeds her horses warm bran mash and pellets on cold nights.  Goodluck!