Quick Post

All weather enclosed hay feeder - The HAYHUT

All weather enclosed hay feeder - The HAYHUT
  • with all this bad weather occuring around the country, I thought members might like to know of the existence of the innovative Hayhut which is a durable polyethylene maintenance free hay feeder.

Endorsed by world renowned horseman, CHRIS COX and in use with Houston Mounted Patrol and Texas A & M, this feeder is amazing at how much hay and money it saves.  You can see more details at www.hayhuts.com or ask me any questions here.  I will attempt to post some photographs taken in the last couple of days and here is a video clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBtdiP5vQ7g
  • Looks like a really great product!  No extra cash at the moment....  I'd like to see one being used when the bale is nearly gone.  I can imagine horses leaning and pushing on it to reach or rubbing manes.... 
  • They really don't push or lean on it and we use them from babies on up through our big broodmares and they totally clean up every blade.

We are being very patient in waiting for the official result from the (scientific) trial of nine different types of horse hay feeders carried out by the University of Minnesota last month.  They still have to 'crunch' all the data oh hay weight and horse weights  and so on; thus it will take some time but we do know 'unofficially' that the hayhut performed exceedingly well and they loved it - in fact, they want to keep it!

There has never been one report of mane rubbing with many hundreds of hayhuts out there already.  Besides which, my wife would kill me if her 17.2hh show horses had rubbed manes!
  • off topic:  17.2 hh show horse you say?  Do tell!  Might you have a picture?