Quick Post

Young Adult Horse Book

Young Adult Horse Book
  • Great Summer Read!

Allie wants to be popular and she#%92s attempting to steal it piece by piece. Stealing a Girl begins with 12-year old Allie remorsefully stealing and her realization, “Okay, so panties were not the best place for stolen lip gloss.”

None of the girls know who is stealing their stuff and Allie is relieved when sixth-grade ends and she can spend the summer riding horses with her riding instructor#%92s lovable foster children. Allie has her work cut out for her when “the most beautiful” (and mischievous) horse arrives at the farm and they learn the children may move to a new foster home.

During the summer break, Allie also meets Tobey who comes from a life different than her own upper-middle class life. The two girls discover each other#%92s deepest secrets and form a secret friendship. When school starts, Allie is once again pre-occupied with popularity and she is ashamed of Tobey#%92s “too-small” clothing. Tobey's surprising rise up the popularity ladder shoots past Allie's and even her crush becomes interested in joining the ‘Tobey Fan Club#%92. Allie struggles to learn about self-acceptance and true friendship.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/stealing-a-girl-sl-seymour/1104046672?ean=2940012804075&itm=2&usri=stealing%2ba%2bgirl
  • Is this your first book?  I wrote one ala NaNoWriMo in November.  It's at the editor's now.  I wondered about self-publishing.  I hope you do well with it.  Sounds like it could be a series!!  I'm thinking mine will be Christian Fiction but my editor will advise me on that.  I need to be writing MUCH more!  I have 3 books (4 counting a children's book) that need to be put down on paper!!