Quick Post

starting English riding

starting English riding
  • I already know how to western and dressage ride but I am starting English riding. Is it harder than Western and Dressage?
  • awesome post

• Dressage is English. Are you going to start jumping? Is that what you mean?

How old are you? How long have you been riding?

• I have been riding since I was  two years old so a long time.  

also at the barn I am riding at my horse is thirty-one years old.

my horse is a quarter horse.

• So for me, if I had started riding at the age of two, that would be 52yrs. :O) I started riding when I was about 12.

Quarter Horses are wonderful horses. Are you taking lessons?

• If you meant jumping, in my opinion it's not harder than dressage. You just can't be scared of it.

• I agree you should try it

• If you want to learn more about different disciplines, I would recommend you to have a look at (link removed) There you can learn a lot about different topics around horses. I always look there when I want to know something.

Best regards

John Williams

• It is actually nice that you have decided to start dressing. It is one of the best ways to learn more about horses in general. The best thing is that you can also learn different horse tricks that you can flaunt. You might also want to start with the basics. This is to make sure that you won't have a difficult time. It is best to start with the basics and work your way up. This is absolutely ok because after all, no one is a professional the first. We all have to go through the professional stage.

• Wanna try it as well

• I hope more people will notice horse racing because there are some changes that can be talked about. I hope more people will be done with this since there are changes that can be seen like JRA Horse Racing which is interesting to see and there is cool stuff there.

• English riding is a fun experience that fosters an incredible bond between you and your horse. The first thing to do is to find a good trainer or mentor, advises Horse Listening.