Quick Post

Hello there from beyond the grave (wink)

Hello there from beyond the grave (wink)
  • Well, here I am with yet another forum to get used to.  Finally one that deals with horses!  It'll be so nice to be able to talk about driving and not have to explain what a harness, break, Gig, etc, is.

I used to drive horses and train them.  Not big time by any streach of the imagination.  Nope, had to work for a living too!  Darn bill collectors and landlords do insist on being paid you know.[;)][:D]  After getting married and spending fifty to eighty hours at work all the driving and horses went by the wayside.  Well... the wife is gone, the kids are grown and starting their own families and it's time to get going with the horses again.  There's forty acres of empty land here at Pie-In-The-Sky just begging for some horses to use it up!

So, who wants to talk about driving horses... anyone?[:)]
  • Welcome studeclunker,
    Nice to have you. We have a few drivers here.
  • Welcome!  I'm out in southern Cal.  I have a big, draft cross and would love to teach him to drive, need to find someone in my area!  Rod on our forum drives a gorgeous team of Haflingers and sends us beautiful pictures in the snow ':)'  Maybe you could give me some hints on how to get him to start.
  • Mom to 3 former harness racers here!  Will be driving soon!!