Quick Post

Waffles the Belgian Mare

Waffles the Belgian Mare
  • I recently bought an AMAZING belgian mare. She's broke to ride and broke to drive. My question is, she has a brand on the left hind quarter the kind looks like (-D1), how do I find the brand inspector for my state and is it possible to have her registered??? Please help!
  • I don't know if your state as a brand inspector, I know mine doesn't but you can connect your local sheriff for that. and you could also connect the Belgian breed association for that as well. But might be a good idea since the sheriff will only have the brands in your state and the association will only have information if that brand is registered with a owner or breeder. 
  • Sorry.... seeing Waffle and Belgian in the same title is killing me... I'm starved!!! [:-]
  •   Missouri is not a brand state like out west where brands are registered and fees paid to the state for exclusive use.  I have seem that type of brand used on large farms as a way of permantently identifing animals.  It can be very hard to distinguish like foals once they are off their dams.  D-l could simly mean "D"s foal 2001, 4th foal 2001 or something along those lines.  Missouri Draft Horse and Mule Association does have a website up but don't expect a timely response.

She's not from a large hitch farm as they would of docked her tail at birth.  It's pretty obvious that she is PB but her sire and dam could of been grade as well.
  • [quote=2manyhorses]

Missouri is not a brand state like out west where brands are registered and fees paid to the state for exclusive use.  I have seem that type of brand used on large farms as a way of permantently identifing animals.  It can be very hard to distinguish like foals once they are off their dams.  D-l could simly mean "D"s foal 2001, 4th foal 2001 or something along those lines.  Missouri Draft Horse and Mule Association does have a website up but don't expect a timely response.

She's not from a large hitch farm as they would of docked her tail at birth.  It's pretty obvious that she is PB but her sire and dam could of been grade as well.

Either is Kentucky however you can legally register the brand for it use however it is not required like it is out west. so it might still be a registered brand there.
  • Waffles, I love the name!![':D']  My great-grandfather had a pair of Belgians called Pat and Mike. 
  • To me she looks like a Hafflinger, but i don't know if you have them in America? How big is she? They are from Belgium somewhere I think. sorry i couldnt be much more help than that but if you google halfinger it will probably tell you much more than i can xxx