Quick Post

Quarter horse VS Mule

Quarter horse VS Mule
  • which is better you vote by replying saying which one you like better then i will see which horse is better
  • Allot of it depends on what you are doing with them, but over all I would prefer a Qh over any mule.
  • That is like comparing apples to oranges.  If I want to bake I will take the apple.  If I want to share a treat I would take the orange.

I have 2 QH's in my barn so what do you think my vote would be?  BUT a nice draft mule would be a treat to have.
  • [quote=TanyaC97]

That is like comparing apples to oranges.  If I want to bake I will take the apple.  If I want to share a treat I would take the orange.

I have 2 QH's in my barn so what do you think my vote would be?  BUT a nice draft mule would be a treat to have.

I see your point there and to a large percent you're right.  However, if your were looking at a mule and a Qh for the same job, comparing them is more realist: trail riding, hunting from horse back in the mountains, and I am sure there are several other jobs that they can both do. 

• I depends what type of horse is in the mule.  If it was a haflinger mule - I would take the mule in a heartbeat because I always wanted one.  Otherwise - it depends on what I want to do and the individual animals in question.  Not all mules are alike and not all QHs are alike. 
  • Mules have many of the same traits as their horse half. 

How about adding in mammoth donkeys?  I have heard only good things about them for being steady and safe mounts.  If I come across one reasonably priced with the money in my pocket, I'd probably buy it for trail riding.