Quick Post

Gaited Horses

Gaited Horses
  • Hey iam Maranda and I have a 18yo Standardbred mix. Iam starting this so all the gaited horse owners could talk about there problems and stuff. 
    -Maranda
  • I've got 3 Standardbreds!  I don't consider my Zag - the only one I ride - a gaited horse really.  I can get him into a saddle gait, true, but he trots, canters, paces, walks, gallops.... he has LOTS of gaits!

He's a great horses and I love him so much.  No real problems here! [':)']
  • I have a TWH mare that from the day she was started wanted to just flat out RUN. From the very beginning she has been very hard-mouthed, and I have NEVER been rough on her mouth. But if you wanna make her stop you have to pull like your life depended on it. Her mouth is never raw or sore afterwards either. You can control her and ride her like a normal horse, just don't expect to get past a flat walk. She literally just wants to run so so bad. She is always running in the pasture, she will run circles in the pasture for half hours at a time. Has anyone seen a walker like this? Or maybe know why she does it? It's def not the norm for her breed. I just figured she was a little crazy in the head, lol. Although, she is actually a very smart horse.