Quick Post

Rocky & Daisy Update *pics*

Rocky & Daisy Update *pics*
  • Took Rock for a ride the other day, ended up Ponying Daisy in the process ( first time ponying!)

then I got a request from a gal at a donk rescue- a rescue donk was being
    eaten alive by flies, so I made her some fly wraps!

Today I made the donk's some new fly masks, Rocky's isn't totally done yet, but it cracks me up

Daisy

Rocky & his mowhawk!

close up of the ear - I lined the inside seam with fleece 

• You do good work!  Love your pictures.  Until I saw your posts, I never really thought of donkey's as saddle animals, had always considered them pack.  I have seen pictures of them driving, though, thanks to Rod. &nbsp';P'retty versatile animals.
  • Painted some stuff on the donk masks this morning! I think they turned out pretty cool!!

LOL still need to fix Daisy's 'ear socks' LOL

• How cute!  Have you seen those crazy ones with the eyes on them?
  • yup! 
    they might get eyes too. haven't decided on the 'donkatude' yet. LOL
    Rocky might get big wide eyes cuz being a boy donk he's a little afraid of everything lol
    and Daisy might get something along the lines of 'bratty' or mischievous LOL

took me forever to find a paint that would stick to the mesh! tried 3 different types and finally got the results I wanted
  • here ya go, i made a crazy eye one lol!!

• Daisy finally got a set of fly boots!!
    I LOVE the green!!!

• Love the eyes, and bet she loves the fly boots.  Great work.
  • thanks!

':)' I made another one.

• OH.MY.GOODNESS.  You do great work!!  Your painting is wonderful girl!!!  Do you design tatoos?  [':)']  I had to laugh at the one-eye!!  [':D']  You have the cutest donkeys!!!!  I love the shadow picture.  How did you get it to look like someone else took the pic.  Your shadow doesn't show your arm up taking the pic!  Maybe it wasn't, huh? 
  • [quote=hunterseat]

OH.MY.GOODNESS.  You do great work!!  Your painting is wonderful girl!!!  Do you design tatoos?  [':)']  I had to laugh at the one-eye!!  [':D']  You have the cutest donkeys!!!!  I love the shadow picture.  How did you get it to look like someone else took the pic.  Your shadow doesn't show your arm up taking the pic!  Maybe it wasn't, huh? 

i used to want to be a tattoo artist, but decided not to - too permanent lol I always look back at old drawing etc & go 'ugh I wished I had done THAT differently'

the riding pic, I'm using a helmet cam ':)' it was doing a video, so thats a still from the video':)'
  • Very sneaky!  Helmet cam!  Did you rig that up yourself?  Now I need pics of your camara! [':D']
  • [quote=hunterseat]

Very sneaky!  Helmet cam!  Did you rig that up yourself?  Now I need pics of your camara! [':D']

haha! isn't it?? you know i gotta capture the thrilling ride of the donkey. lol we stood around most of the time.

it's a go pro, it came with all sorts of adaptors so i can put it on multiple things. mostly people use it as a helmet cam

here's a gal who does cross country with a go pro mounted on a chest strap. I think it's such a cool perspective, I like that you can see what she does with her hands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmIixfKMKYM&feature=channel_video_title
  • DANG!  That took for-frickin-EVER!  Did anyone count the jumps?  That wore me out!  Zag would just lay down and die right there!  That horse must be in some good condition - well, I'm sure he is.

Very cool!  That's a great thing! tanks! [':)']