Quick Post

Lucky's Liberty

Lucky's Liberty
  • Lucky and I competed in our first ever Mule Show, this one was at Winnemucca, Nv. . We plan on doing many more since she is only 2 yrs. old.

We took first in our 2 yr. class and then went for the Grand Champion. If it hadn't been for the botched up clip job I did we would of taken Grand Champion!!  The judge came and talked to me after wards. She said I had a beautiful Mule. But I basicly needed clip lessons!! We will do LOTS better next time!!! I was so sure I would have a very stressed out young Mule. But she took it all in stride, like she had done this hundreds of times. I guess all my work with her since she hit the ground finaly paid off!!

Deeta and Lucky
  • I just had to add this picture. Lucky was standing very nicely waiting. She was getting a little bored. Well we both were. Hubby snaped the picture!!
  • She is truly a beauty.  She's so well balanced for a 2 yr. old!  You both look great, love your show outfit.  Congratulations and goodluck and clipping!!
  • I Love the outfit also. I'm not one for the normal run of the mill stuff. Some times I like to be a bit on the odd side!! but classy. I found this ridding skirt two years ago and wore it in a western pleasure class on Pegasus.  I didn't want to wear the norm then either and didn't want to spend $$$ for a pair of chaps that I may never wear again. Besides it was just a small local show and she had only been ridden for 4 months at that time. I just wanted to let her see what it was all about. Didn't expect to get any thing. Which we didn't.
  • You both look beautiful!!  [':)']  Congrats on the success!!!! 
  • Congratulations !!  She is definitely a pretty girl ! I'm glad to hear that she took things in stride. Looks like she is going to enjoy her career as a show mule ! [':D']
  • Beautiful mule! My Dad has three mules. One is getting old and is permanently lame with ringbone, the other two are youngish and in training. We're not sure of their ages or breeds, but we think they're around 6 or 7 and maybe draft crosses. I rode on of them english for a little while and he did great! They definately have a different personality to work with; he taught me patients!
  • Congrats! That's great news...