Quick Post

I will shake up some oldies! Lucky"s first RIDE!!

I will shake up some oldies! Lucky"s first RIDE!!
  • Just thought I would pop back on here!! I have come a long way with my babies!! I'm riding Freedom and Lucky now and they are both doing great.

Hope Hunterseat and Mulesarecool are watching!

Deeta

My Grandniece is riding Freedom in this picture. Kind of hard to take a picture of ones self riding!!
  • aaaaaggghhhhhh!  *runs around in circles of joy*
    You're HERE! 
    OH.MY.GOODNESS.  Those are some fine animals!!!  Let me get this straight.... the palomino is the one your boy is hugging in the signature picture? 
    What a beautiful silvery mane!!!!   Oh, Deeta it's wonderful to see you!!  Sorry I haven't kept in touch.  I wish my work would send me out that way.  I have a bunch of people I'd love to visit!! 
    Anyway, HELLO!!!!!  [':D']
  • Yes that is the same little horse!! I had forgotten about the siggy picture. Hard to think that it is the same horse. She can be a little lazy ass but a spit fire some times also!! She got mad a me early this summer and dumped me on a dirt road. Little poop just stood there and looked at me sitting on the ground!!
  • Here is a better picture of both of them. They turned three this last May. I've ridden Lucky about 5 times now. I just rode her for the first time with out my husband leading us first, today. She did great until I stoked her withers. I think she forgot I was on her. She almost jumped out of her skin and took off, but I kept her under control!!

It is nice to talk to you again. I will try to come back more. It is getting darker early now and I will have more time in the house!!
  • poop it won't load the picture I wanted of Freedom. This one is at the end of last summer.
  • Those are awesome pictures! Congratulations!  

Now, let's talk about that "oldies" thing!!!
  • They are both gorgeous but your mule is stunning!!!  She looks so alert.  Thanks for sharing.

My gelding did that when he was 3, bucked, dumped me, then looked at me like "What are you doing down there????"  Sigh..... better than the type that dump you and run home bucking and kicking......[8D]
  • I'm told that the ones that buck you off and run home screaming I got her are that ones that have found out that this works to end the ride and they WILL do it again!![':D']  The ones that stand there looking at you are just as dumb founded that you are on the ground and are clueless of how come you are there!![':o']
  • Zag just started bucking when he moved into a canter (which is a fairly new development in his little pacing repertoire)  A Mustang trainer said they sometimes do that when they first learn to canter.  I thought he suddenly turned against me.  I was dreading him turning into a rodeo horse!   Anyway, I came off once over a jump and he ran but came back to me after I walked a half a mile.  Another time I came off of him right in front of him and he froze. 
  • When I was in high school and eventing, occasionally my gelding would spook or buck and dump me when we were out in the woods, then he would take off..... he had to cross a narrow, windy road in the woods and would generally be in my neighbor's yard munching on her lawn when I finally trudged home, ready to smack him over the noggin.........

Saw some cool safety vests today at the event, I think they're called Air Ride that have a canister of CO2 and inflate when you leave the saddle.  Pretty cool, but I'm sure they are pretty expensive too although watching some of the falls they had on video and the fact that the rider came out of them OK is pretty convincing!
  • I've seen those.  Someone at work was saying they use them for..... motorcycles?  I forgot who it was and what we were talking about but I remember I showed him the video of the guy who's horse somersaulted on top of him.  I'd like to get the regular vest to wear when out jumping.  (IF I ever get a horse who can DO that)
  • [quote=mulesarecool]

Now, let's talk about that "oldies" thing!!!

Hmmm... I see it is mulesarecool's b-day today. Maybe she'll come back and show us some pretty mule pics???????

I hope it is a great day for you!

• Really nice picks.
    ----------
    Demin Martin